PDA

View Full Version : Amazing product!

XAnhLe
08-01-2014, 07:04 PM
My fish love them, and they never liked anything but live black worms before. This is very convenience since I don't have to clean the live worm, or be afraid of any disease infection. I feed them two cubes a day. They do kind of get a bit messy, but that comes with all dried food. I will order more once I run out. This product is worth every penny! :)

Btw, do you recommend to store FDBW in the freezer or I can keep them outside? What I notice is that they tend to float, so may be if I put it in the freezer, it'll absorb some of the humidity and becomes more dense.

Thank you again! You are awesome!

- Anh

brewmaster15
08-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Hi Anh!
Thanks for the feedback here and your order! The shelf life on these are 6-12 months min. depending on Conditions stored. You do not need to store these in the freezer or Refrigerator but all dry fish foods keep their nutrition better when they are kept cool and dry...so I recommend keeping it in an airtight container in the refrigerator if you have alot more than you need. You can leave out what you need for a week or two in a sealed zip lock bag and feed from that. Some people use this as their main food, and they go through it with in weeks, which is fine at room temp and conditions in a sealed container.

There should have been a paper in the package indicating how to feed these first time. What you want to do since you got cubes, is submerge the cube and press it to the tank wall. it should stick there for a few minutes allowing the discus easy access. Its also allows the food to rehydrate so it floats less. In no time at all they will be so used to the cubes they can easily be trained to feed from your hand.:) You will note that they will also feed very aggressively on these after a few feedings which decreases any mess.

best always,
Al

My fish love them, and they never liked anything but live black worms before. This is very convenience since I don't have to clean the live worm, or be afraid of any disease infection. I feed them two cubes a day. They do kind of get a bit messy, but that comes with all dried food. I will order more once I run out. This product is worth every penny! :)

Btw, do you recommend to store FDBW in the freezer or I can keep them outside? What I notice is that they tend to float, so may be if I put it in the freezer, it'll absorb some of the humidity and becomes more dense.

Thank you again! You are awesome!

- Anh

Disgirl
08-02-2014, 12:07 PM
And don't leave a plastic zip loc bag of these worms sitting on your kitchen counter, like I accidentally did recently. I found the bag ripped open and at least 1/4 cup of them removed and eaten by one of our cats. And she had no ill effects afterwards either. But I sure was ill at the loss of them.

My electric blue jack Dempsey loves them too. He eats a pinch of them out of my fingers, held above the water. The other day he stuck his head high out of the water to grab the pinch, and took the whole end of my finger in his mouth too. And I felt all his teeth!
Barb

brewmaster15
08-02-2014, 12:39 PM
And don't leave a plastic zip loc bag of these worms sitting on your kitchen counter, like I accidentally did recently. I found the bag ripped open and at least 1/4 cup of them removed and eaten by one of our cats. And she had no ill effects afterwards either. But I sure was ill at the loss of them.

My electric blue jack Dempsey loves them too. He eats a pinch of them out of my fingers, held above the water. The other day he stuck his head high out of the water to grab the pinch, and took the whole end of my finger in his mouth too. And I felt all his teeth!
Barb
Thanks Barb,
and that reminds me, I have had customers with Dogs that have gone to town on them too....several have had 1/2 kg bags devoured!

-al

Disgirl
08-02-2014, 02:21 PM
These can be very expensive cat and dog treats! Mine are guarded well now.
Barb

XAnhLe
08-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Hi Anh!
Thanks for the feedback here and your order! The shelf life on these are 6-12 months min. depending on Conditions stored. You do not need to store these in the freezer or Refrigerator but all dry fish foods keep their nutrition better when they are kept cool and dry...so I recommend keeping it in an airtight container in the refrigerator if you have alot more than you need. You can leave out what you need for a week or two in a sealed zip lock bag and feed from that. Some people use this as their main food, and they go through it with in weeks, which is fine at room temp and conditions in a sealed container.

There should have been a paper in the package indicating how to feed these first time. What you want to do since you got cubes, is submerge the cube and press it to the tank wall. it should stick there for a few minutes allowing the discus easy access. Its also allows the food to rehydrate so it floats less. In no time at all they will be so used to the cubes they can easily be trained to feed from your hand.:) You will note that they will also feed very aggressively on these after a few feedings which decreases any mess.

best always,
Al

I did exactly just that and pinch it against the glass :D
I also held the cube and fed them from my hand, it was really cool!!

XAnhLe
08-02-2014, 10:11 PM

Barb

luckily I dont have any other pet than my fish :D