PDA

View Full Version : L200 Green Phantom

Chicago Discus
08-27-2014, 06:23 PM
Hey Guys,

Quick question I have a full grown L200 that has been fighting with another male for a few days. Long story short he has some battle wounds on the right side of his body. Took him out of the big tank and put him in a hospital tank. Im treating with salt and furan just to help the healing. Just wondering if the furan with be ok for him or have you guys heard anything negative about furan and plecos......Thanks guys........Josie

nc0gnet0
08-27-2014, 07:36 PM
It's never had adverse effects on my albino pleco's, as for the green phantom, I could not really say. I would be more concerned with the salt, most pleco's are very salt sensitive. Other than that, have to wait to see what Paul has to say, never had a green phantom.

-Rick

Chicago Discus
08-27-2014, 07:48 PM
It's never had adverse effects on my albino pleco's, as for the green phantom, I could not really say. I would be more concerned with the salt, most pleco's are very salt sensitive. Other than that, have to wait to see what Paul has to say, never had a green phantom.

-Rick

So far so good rick, he seems ok the other male beat the crap out of him....They were fighting over 10 females greedy little boys LOL......Thanks Rick

Altum Nut
08-27-2014, 08:10 PM
From what I read on various Pleco Forums that I belong to...Epsom salt at 1 tsp. per 10g will not affect them but they really hate it.
I've also heard that meds used for antibacterial can be used but they normally heal with clean water alone within 3-4 days.

...Ralph

musicmarn1
08-27-2014, 11:23 PM
I've been wanting these pleco, Josie do you ever keep them with discus? If so how do they do?

trungnguyen
08-27-2014, 11:46 PM
I've been wanting these pleco, Josie do you ever keep them with discus? If so how do they do?

I have been keeping two greenphantom Plecos in my discus tank for months, and they are doing okay....they go out more when the lights are off. I drop few veggie pellets into the tank for them at night, so they have something to do...so far so good

Trung.

musicmarn1
08-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Great, ty! They are so pretty I want some :)