PDA

View Full Version : Custom Work

Ardan
09-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Custom Work
If you have a picture that you would like either carved into acrylic to make a lithopane or laser engraved into acrylic or on certain metals, wood, or on glass, please contact me and I will see if I can do it. Fees are based on carving time or laser run time, and materials used. My carving machine is run using special software and is computer controlled. My laser is also computer controlled using special software.
Pictures could be, but are not limited to loved ones, pets,logos, etc.
** Pictures are best sent as a jpg. in as high of a quality as possible. Some scanned pictures alsowork.
**The higher the resolution, the better if processing with the Laser! It is a larger file to send by email (more megabytes), but will give better quality to the final product.

A lithopane is a piece of acrylic that is carved todifferent depths based on the picture that is used. This allows different amounts of light to pass through creating a very unique image of the picture used. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithophane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithophane) The lithopane can be hung in front of a lightsource such as a window, a battery operated light or a lamp. (do not hang themtoo close to the light as the heat from the light can damage the acrylic orpossibly start a fire). Lithopanes can be made in different sizes, but thelarger the size, the more carving time and consequently more cost. Lithopanes can be framed if you wish orsmall holes drilled at the top to hang the lithopane, or it can be placed unframed on a window ledge. **Pleasespecify.

Lithopanes are one of my favorite and most rewarding things to make. I have made many as gifts.83630
Attached is an image of a lithopane of my dad who has passed. I took a photograph and scanned it, then processed it through software and made a lithopane for my mom. (the software does not allow copying so I did a print screen, the crosshairs are not in thelithopane, they are only in the software) This image does not do the lithopane justice, but portrays the idea for you.
I made it into an 8 inch by 10 inch lithopane. Unframed.

Ardan