PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used the product stability to cycle a tank

archiebellacoco
12-16-2014, 09:13 PM
has anyone used the product stability to start their tank? By the brand seachem?
Any good?

kris2341
12-16-2014, 09:19 PM
some people say the stuff USED to be good, then they changed their formula and it started to suck and not cycle effectively

I personally use tetra safestart+ if needed but I cant really tell if it works 100% of the time, the life of the bottles depend mainly on whether or not they are stored properly.

tonytheboss1
12-17-2014, 06:07 AM
:bandana: No hands on but heard some good things. Here's what I have used several times both in start-up & multiple additions. http://www.drtimsaquatics.com/ It began years ago as BioSpira by Dr. Timothy A. Hovanec who, for 17 years, was the Chief Science Officer of Aquaria Inc., the parent company of Marineland Aquarium Products, Aquarium Systems (Instant Ocean) and Perfecto Manufacturing. Great product, a little pricey but effective. "T"

Discus-n00b
12-17-2014, 11:47 AM
I've had 100% success with Tetra Safestart +. Heard some iffy reports on stability but some people swear by it. I just know Safestart works from personal experience. Used it multiple times.

ScottyAdams
12-19-2014, 07:05 AM
I have had good results with Nutrafin cycle in my tanks

JamesP
12-19-2014, 09:01 AM
I have used stability with good results along with several others like it. Just make sure to follow the dosage.

Andy27012
12-19-2014, 10:12 AM
I have used stability in the past with ok results, I have been much happier with dr.tims one and only nitrifying bacteria. It's a little bit pricier but has all the correct beneficial bacteria in it.

jsullins
12-23-2014, 04:28 PM
I have used it in the past and was not impressed, i would use nutrafin cycle or tetra safe start if I was going to use anything at all.

pitdogg2
12-23-2014, 06:00 PM
:bandana: No hands on but heard some good things. Here's what I have used several times both in start-up & multiple additions. http://www.drtimsaquatics.com/ It began years ago as BioSpira by Dr. Timothy A. Hovanec who, for 17 years, was the Chief Science Officer of Aquaria Inc., the parent company of Marineland Aquarium Products, Aquarium Systems (Instant Ocean) and Perfecto Manufacturing. Great product, a little pricey but effective. "T"

must agree with the above ^^^^ I had 100% success with it when it was refrigerated. Even Dr. Tim stated that he had reservations for the shelf mix they started after he left. I do not know if it is still refrigerated but, If it has Dr. Tim's name on it it will be the best you could find. I tested it on a 55gal tank with big cichlids. If I remember right I used the 90gal dose correct temp de-chlorinated/ammonia free water fish in Dr. Tim dose in no ill affects no spikes everything went fine.

Argentum
12-24-2014, 01:42 AM
I used it and it didn't cycle my aquarium, I was having ammonia readings even after 3 weeks.

Everything was fine after 4 weeks, which is normal cycle period, so it didn't boost anything.

jimstreet
12-24-2014, 01:47 AM
I used it to cycle my tank, dunno if it helped or not but my tank cycled properly. I now use it if I do a filter clean to get some 'good' bacteria back in the tank. Does it work? I dunno, but it makes me think I am doing something good.