PDA

View Full Version : PraziPro - Metronidazole - & Fenbendazole?

DISCUS STU
01-19-2015, 10:45 PM
Hi,

Doing a quarantine where I'm proactively using PraziPro (praziquantal) and Metronidazole at .5 gram per 10 gallons.

My question is, I have a medicated Fenbendazole flake from AngelPlus that is recommended on a schedule of every other day for five days but I haven't used it yet.

Is this too much in conjunction with the the first two and could it be potentially dangerous?

- Stu

DISCUS STU
01-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Hello, anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...?

nc0gnet0
01-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Medicated flakes are useless IMO, and the answer to your question is yes. Other than worming, pro-actively treating fish is not what I recommend, why do you feel this is necessary?

tvoydan
01-20-2015, 06:01 PM
I have medicated Fenbendazole flake from AngelPlus

I have the same medicated flake and my discus won't touch it. They'll eat the levamisole flake, but won't touch the fenbendazole flake, at least so far.

Tom

brewmaster15
01-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Hi,

Doing a quarantine where I'm proactively using PraziPro (praziquantal) and Metronidazole at .5 gram per 10 gallons.

My question is, I have a medicated Fenbendazole flake from AngelPlus that is recommended on a schedule of every other day for five days but I haven't used it yet.

Is this too much in conjunction with the the first two and could it be potentially dangerous?

- Stu

If I was to use those 3 meds, I would space them out STU over 4-6 weeks time.... If its" prophylactic" treatments you are doing then the question I'd ask is "whats the rush?":) All these meds need to be processed and put a strain the liver and kidney. If this was a human taking them, they would probably send them in for liver enzyme workups!:bandana:

Always take the cautious route when using medications.
hth, al

DISCUS STU
01-26-2015, 01:12 PM
I have the same medicated flake and my discus won't touch it. They'll eat the levamisole flake, but won't touch the fenbendazole flake, at least so far.

Tom

My fish seem to like the green Fenbendazole flake from AngelsPlus. Their not incredibly enthusiastic about it but they will eat it. My juvenile Altum Angels really seem to like it.

Thanks for the responses one and all. This is what I need.