PDA

View Full Version : NADA Board Member Nominations

Larry Bugg
02-02-2015, 10:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

This thread is to nominate NADA members for our upcoming election. Terms of office are for the period from the election till the normal 2016 elections and we have 5 seats up for election. These positions are:

President
Secretary
Board Member
Board Member
Board Member

We will accept nominations up through February 7th at 22:00 ET. We will then have a 7 day period of time from February 8th through February 14th to allow those nominated a chance to post telling us of their qualifications and visions for NADA. This will also be an opportunity for NADA members to pose questions to the Nominees. Voting will then take place February 15th at 13:00 ET until February 18th at 22:00. The results of the election will be announced on February 20th.

The positions of President and Secretary may only be filled with an active members of at least one year. The other 3 general Board member positions may be filled by any adult member in good standing.

You can nominate yourself or someone can nominate you. The person nominated must accept the nomination to be placed on the ballot. Current Board members can run for the positions of President and Secretary. If they win then their seats will be filled after the show with separate elections for their remaining one year term.

In order to vote in the elections you need to be a current member of NADA.

If you would like to make a nomination you can do so on by following this link http://forum.discusnada.org/showthread.php?841-NADA-Board-Member-Nominations&p=9824#post9824 or you can contact one of the current BOD members and let them know of your nomination. The nomination will then need to be seconded and the person nominated must indicate that they accept the nomination.

If you have forgotten you NADA Forum password you can contact Pat (Second Hand Pat) or Jerry Baer and they can reset it for you.

Second Hand Pat
02-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Please read this link for NADA password resets http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?98094-NADA-Member-Password-Resets.
Thanks,
Pat

Second Hand Pat
02-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Also your username on the NADA site is not your username here. On the NADA site it will be your first and last name with an underscore between the first and last name; ie John_Doe :)

John_Nicholson
02-04-2015, 11:52 AM
And please run people. While I am nominated for the board I am also in charge of the judging and I and the NADA show chairman. I do not need to run for the board but we have a history of well their are 3 spots available and 3 people are running so we will stop there. I would love to see 6 or 8 people running for these 3 spots. Someone PLEASE take my board member spot. New blood can be a great thing.

-john

John_Nicholson
02-06-2015, 10:05 AM
I have had a request to list the responsibilities for board members...

Pretty simple really. You just have to want to help. We have sporadic board meetings when we need to discuss and decide on things. They are online and generally do not take much time. Some people will volunteer to handle some things for the club but nothing real time consuming or tough. As a board member you are expected to educate people about NADA and the things that we are trying to do. It would be great if you made the NADA show but it is not a requirement. Like most clubs you are just expected to lend a hand where needed if you can. I would really like to see more people running. I have been a board member several times and will be again if needed but I would like to see some new blood, some new ideas brought to the table. If you have any interest at all please ask questions and please run.

Thanks.

-john