PDA

View Full Version : retreatment dosage

RogueDiscus
02-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Checking to be sure. If Metro or Prazi instructions call for water change and re-treatment after x days for a period of time, do you retreat at the whole tank dosage, or just for the water you've changed. (I'm thinking during QT.)

RogueDiscus
02-11-2015, 08:50 PM
OK. So sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was serious. Thanks for any help with this, or pointing me in the right direction or a better way to think about it.

I don't usually medicate, and I've mostly QT'd without treating in the past. I have a new group and I thought it would be good to learn to do it.

I have Metro, Prazi, and a de-wormer Piperazine from Al at Rocky Mountain (old?).

Metro instructions say partial water changes every 24 hrs followed by re-treatment. Continue for 5-7 days.
If I'm doing 50% daily changes for Metro, am I only re-dosing the 50%, or the whole tank?

Prazi instructions say to re-dose every 7 days for a total of 3 doses, at least 25% water change before each dose. If I'm re-dosing Prazi in 7 days, do I not change water? Or do I follow my usual water changes? If so, do I replace the dosage I've removed along the way?

The de-wormer says to add on days 1,3,and 5, water change before each dose, repeat a second week. So again, dosing the whole tank, or just what's replaced?

Thanks.
Steve

nc0gnet0
02-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Metro instructions say partial water changes every 24 hrs followed by re-treatment. Continue for 5-7 days.
If I'm doing 50% daily changes for Metro, am I only re-dosing the 50%, or the whole tank?

whole tank

Prazi instructions say to re-dose every 7 days for a total of 3 doses, at least 25% water change before each dose. If I'm re-dosing Prazi in 7 days, do I not change water? Or do I follow my usual water changes? If so, do I replace the dosage I've removed along the way?

yes

The de-wormer says to add on days 1,3,and 5, water change before each dose, repeat a second week. So again, dosing the whole tank, or just what's replaced?

I have never used piperzine, but when in do large (75%+) water changes each day and redose. This is what I have always done. The problem with your original question is it could very from one medication to the next. Redosing everyday can get quite pricey on some medications, but tends to be the best practice. Then again there are variables such as tank size, etc etc.

RogueDiscus
02-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realized my original question was too broad.