PDA

View Full Version : Think I did it this time!!

spiffyfish
02-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Well I keep my aquarium in my garage at my new place, and was working on my motorcycle project over the weekend. Being the dummy I am I had drained the old fuel out of the tank and left the pan of fuel in the garage over night. Walked in the garage the next morning to feed my altums and every fish is at the top of the tank gasping for air, and I lost my 2 year old f1 altum. Did a large water change and put in a couple air stones and a couple hours later they looked normal. The only problem I am having now is now that it is a couple days later they really aren't eating, even frozen bloodworms that they use to rip to shreds they don't even go after. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do, or if it's too late I might have damaged them too much.

spiffyfish
02-12-2015, 12:46 AM
Woops wrong section if a mod could move it please

rickztahone
02-14-2015, 10:05 PM
Chris, I would just keep changing water daily and keep trying to feed them. If they do not respond to that, then others will have to chime in with a course of action.

ericNH
02-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Are you saying that you think the fumes from the open pan of fuel caused this? I am surprised! I hope your stock's health returns. Good luck!

rickztahone
02-15-2015, 12:09 AM
I also forgot to mention, you can also run some carbon for a while just in case you have some toxins in the water. Take it out after a few weeks.

spiffyfish
02-15-2015, 02:57 AM
I believe it was the fumes it was pretty strong in the garage over night and being old fuel it was pretty bad. I had changed the water a couple times and left the air stones in there a few days, they are eating again and seem to be doing better. From now on I guess I will leave the pan outside or find something to store it in.