PDA

View Full Version : How many cubes should I feed

pgrhodes1
02-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Hi All,

I feed my 8 Adult Discus 3 cubes Freeze Dried Blackworms Bio-Pigment Plus. They also get a few Tetra colors granules and a little Frozen Blood Worms per feeding. The problem is they mostly eat only the FDBW so is 3 cubes per feeding enough??

Thanks

Penny

jmf3460
02-18-2015, 05:09 PM
how many feedings per day?

pgrhodes1
02-18-2015, 05:20 PM
I feed twice a day.

Second Hand Pat
02-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Hi Penny, do they leave any floating on the surface?
Pat

pgrhodes1
02-19-2015, 10:57 AM
No, they've been cleaning the FDBW up. There is a lot of everything else left.

DISCUS STU
02-19-2015, 11:38 AM
I would only feed one type of food at a time. Given a choice they'll mostly go for what they're familiar and comfortable with. Example; feed Tetra Bits on day one, FDBW day two, and every once in a while frozen as a treat as it doesn't have much in the way of protein per volume.

If they're eating the cubes, then that's enough.

Second Hand Pat
02-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Personally I feed a variety and simply do not feed again until there is nothing left. For stuff they are "learning" to eat. I offer a little in the morning and leave them alone with it for a while.
Pat

brewmaster15
02-19-2015, 12:06 PM
Hi All,

I feed my 8 Adult Discus 3 cubes Freeze Dried Blackworms Bio-Pigment Plus. They also get a few Tetra colors granules and a little Frozen Blood Worms per feeding. The problem is they mostly eat only the FDBW so is 3 cubes per feeding enough??

Thanks

Penny

Hi Penny,
I moved this to my sponsor board since its product specific.

To answer your question..".I feed my 8 Adult Discus 3 cubes Freeze Dried Blackworms Bio-Pigment Plus" yes that is a good amount....if they are really strong eaters you can feed them an additional cube. I use 1 cube per 2 adults per feeding as my general guideline. Don't bother feeding other foods at the same time. Honestly, They will preferentially eat the Freeze Dried Blackworms over the other foods in most cases. Certainly feed other foods , but try and stick with one kind of food at a time. Generally if you feed them multiple foods, they will always prefer one over the other when given both at the same time...leading to one possibly fouling the water.

If you want your fish to eat the non-blackworm feeding, feed the tetra color or blood worms in the am when they are most hungry and most likely to eat what ever you feed. Save their favorites for mid day or end of day meal where they may be picky.

Hth,
al

pgrhodes1
02-19-2015, 02:19 PM
GREAT information. Thank you all for your replies!! They are spoiled littler suckers….:)

DonMD
02-19-2015, 05:35 PM
OK, Al, that's good to know. 1/2 cube per adult per feeding. You might consider putting that on the labels . . . that's what I've ended up using just from personal experience. But for new buyers, and I hope you're getting lots, a recommended feeding amount might help. I find that a sharp blade will cleanly cut a cube with little to no waste.

And by the way, GREAT PRODUCT! -Don

brewmaster15
02-19-2015, 05:38 PM
OK, Al, that's good to know. 1/2 cube per adult per feeding. You might consider putting that on the labels . . . that's what I've ended up using just from personal experience. But for new buyers, and I hope you're getting lots, a recommended feeding amount might help. I find that a sharp blade will cleanly cut a cube with little to no waste.

And by the way, GREAT PRODUCT! -Don

Thanks Don! and I will add that info then!:)

nc0gnet0
02-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Thanks Don! and I will add that info then!:)

I am actually feeding a little more than that and I feed the blackworms in the AM, leave it to me to do it backwards.

DonMD
02-19-2015, 07:07 PM
I am actually feeding a little more than that and I feed the blackworms in the AM, leave it to me to do it backwards.

I'm sure your fish don't mind at all! LOL!