PDA

View Full Version : My next discus tank

Perryboat
03-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Recently moved from an apartment to a slightly larger place. = Slightly larger tank. :p

Got busy checking out CL to find a new tank. I stumbled into this reef ready 125gal, definitely needs some cleaning to remove coral and algae deposits. The stand and canopy needs a retouch. For the price, I thought it was a good deal. :) Hoping to turn this thing to my next discus tank.

rickztahone
03-01-2015, 05:40 PM
white vinegar and a few razor blades and you should be good for business. Did you see the tank full of water before you bought it? I like the dual overflow setup. Do you know what kind of plumbing system you will be going for? I'm assuming traditional durso's?

Perryboat
03-01-2015, 06:08 PM
I have to go by what the seller said. "No leaks." Lol. Hope he's right. He did tell me to do a leak test before I use it inside the house. I am thinking of using vinegar. I have also tried CLR in the past. I will go with vinegar first.

It has the durso pipes inside the overflows. I still need to build a sump and do some basic plumbing.

rickztahone
03-01-2015, 06:10 PM
I have to go by what the seller said. "No leaks." Lol. Hope he's right. He did tell me to do a leak test before I use it inside the house. I am thinking of using vinegar. I have also tried CLR in the past. I will go with vinegar first.

It has the durso pipes inside the overflows. I still need to build a sump and do some basic plumbing.

I actually read that Joe (DIY) used something similar to our CLR I believe. When I saw it I was pretty shocked, lol. I have used vinegar many times in the past though, so I know that works well.

Perryboat
03-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Stand and canopy got a retouch. Also started work on sump. Decided to go with a 40L vs a 33gal for the sump. 33g is a little shallow.

Perryboat
03-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Im new to sumps as I had always used canisters. I think I understand the basic concept of it. Trial and error i guess. :)
I have a non-functional trickle filter that came with the tank. I will incorporate the contents into the sump im building.