PDA

View Full Version : First photos with new camara

Blademan
04-29-2015, 11:46 PM
Here is a link to view my first photos with the Nikon D550
all shot on manual with shutter 125, aperture 5.6, hopefully I will get better once am I used to the camara

http://s620.photobucket.com/user/TeT_photos/library/My%20Fish%20Photos

Blademan
04-30-2015, 11:00 PM
I have just had a go at resizing images so three examples here, all taken with fill in flash shutter 1/100, F5.6 ISO5000

rickztahone
05-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Are you positive the first shot was taken with a flash? I know the other 2 were, but I suspect that the first wasn't.

Either way, as I mentioned in the other thread, that first shot is my favorite of the bunch. I will C&C the first shot here as it is the better IMHO. Your focus was almost right on the money :). Try aiming for the eyes next time. Manual focus if you have to. Your settings for that first one are spot on. If you HAVE to use flash, try to diffuse it with something, maybe a piece of white paper or something. This helps reduce the harsh flash look.

Keep the pictures coming :)

Blademan
05-02-2015, 03:09 AM
Are you positive the first shot was taken with a flash? I know the other 2 were, but I suspect that the first wasn't.

Either way, as I mentioned in the other thread, that first shot is my favorite of the bunch. I will C&C the first shot here as it is the better IMHO. Your focus was almost right on the money :). Try aiming for the eyes next time. Manual focus if you have to. Your settings for that first one are spot on. If you HAVE to use flash, try to diffuse it with something, maybe a piece of white paper or something. This helps reduce the harsh flash look.

Keep the pictures coming :)

I think your right first shot was no flash, I prefer the look of the photos without flash, I would rather use higher ISO, not really tried manual focus yet but will have a go later thanks