PDA

View Full Version : Drama at the house of Geh-Tao never stops!

chaoslite
05-16-2015, 08:34 PM
It has been a very long time since I have started a post here. I took a bit of a break from breeding and while on break my pairs decided they would break up, not spawn and some died. I lost one of my male T-Aqua RTs, my female RSG, a male Golden based San Merah and last but not least my T-Aqua RT female that quite a lot of you purchased fry from. I decided, NOT breeding sucks! I thought time to get back to it. Last week I sterilized the tanks twice...lol I rinsed, dried and rinsed again this morning because I was due to pick up a shipment of fish soon. I think however that my attention to detail in the fish room has dimmed a bit. I had tilted my 60g to drain it with a small piece of pvc pipe place on one side and somehow completely forgot to remove it before beginning to fill the tank. At around 70% filled, I heard the first crack and my roommate heard the first curse word. With each crack came more curse words and lots of water. I actually needed to leave in 10 minutes to get to the airport on time and now I am down one tank. The joys of fish keeping and breeding, oh how I have missed you.

Mishka

rickztahone
05-16-2015, 08:56 PM
It has been a very long time since I have started a post here. I took a bit of a break from breeding and while on break my pairs decided they would break up, not spawn and some died. I lost one of my male T-Aqua RTs, my female RSG, a male Golden based San Merah and last but not least my T-Aqua RT female that quite a lot of you purchased fry from. I decided, NOT breeding sucks! I thought time to get back to it. Last week I sterilized the tanks twice...lol I rinsed, dried and rinsed again this morning because I was due to pick up a shipment of fish soon. I think however that my attention to detail in the fish room has dimmed a bit. I had tilted my 60g to drain it with a small piece of pvc pipe place on one side and somehow completely forgot to remove it before beginning to fill the tank. At around 70% filled, I heard the first crack and my roommate heard the first curse word. With each crack came more curse words and lots of water. I actually needed to leave in 10 minutes to get to the airport on time and now I am down one tank. The joys of fish keeping and breeding, oh how I have missed you.

Mishka

Sorry for your bad luck Mishka. We missed you here :). How is your new place? You are not in the Van Nuys area any longer correct? I always wanted to visit your old fish room. If you start one back up, I would love to visit, so long as you are still relatively local :)

nc0gnet0
05-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Long time no see! Sucks about the tank, but an excuse to get a new bigger one!

-Rick

Second Hand Pat
05-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Nice to see you back Mishka and as Rick mentioned...chance for a larger tank. :D
Pat

Disgirl
05-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Hi Mishka, I knew you would be back. See you around the forum soon.
Barb

chaoslite
05-16-2015, 09:52 PM
Sorry for your bad luck Mishka. We missed you here :). How is your new place? You are not in the Van Nuys area any longero correct? I always wanted to visit your old fish room. If you start one back up, I would love to visit, so long as you are still relatively local :)

Hey Rick
Still in Van Nuys

Long time no see! Sucks about the tank, but an excuse to get a new bigger one!

-Rick

Hey Rick!
I think I forgot to mention that the reason I was going to the airport was to pick up the fish.

Nice to see you back Mishka and as Rick mentioned...chance for a larger tank. :D
Pat

Hey Pat,

Glad to be back but I had to buy another 60g for the fish that came in.

Mishka

chaoslite
05-16-2015, 09:53 PM
Hi Mishka, I knew you would be back. See you around the forum soon.
Barb

Hiya Barb! I am sterilizing some of your comes right now and I knew I would be back. Just not so soon.....lol

Mishka

alcastro
05-16-2015, 10:21 PM
Welcome back Mishka I got a new 29 if you need it or anything I can do to help.
Al

wdeleon01
05-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Hey Mishka, At least it wasnt a 150 gallon and you living on the second floor.

rickztahone
05-16-2015, 11:21 PM
Mishka, I have a 55 and 56g bowfront you can borrow if you need them. lmk

Allwin
05-16-2015, 11:55 PM
You can't get away from the discus breeding fun Mishka,cheer up and hope to see your breeding thread soon.

alcastro
05-17-2015, 12:15 AM
She is probably picking up the fish, this is good Drama

William Palumbo
05-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Good to see u back!...Bill

chaoslite
05-18-2015, 01:57 PM
Welcome back Mishka I got a new 29 if you need it or anything I can do to help.
Al

I got it covered Al.

Hey Mishka, At least it wasnt a 150 gallon and you living on the second floor.

Oh Walter thank goodness for that......lol

Mishka, I have a 55 and 56g bowfront you can borrow if you need them. lmk

I am good Rick, but thank you.

She is probably picking up the fish, this is good Drama

Picked up the fish LAX where they tried to overcharge me. Kraig and I were arguing over the price. Him in my ear and me to them.

Good to see u back!...Bill

Thank you Bill.

Mishka