PDA

View Full Version : New guy

krislewis3
06-05-2015, 06:54 AM
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums[IMG]Direct HTML [/IM

G]

krislewis3
06-05-2015, 08:27 AM
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/krislewis31/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsq1jfo28y.jpg (http://s813.photobucket.com/user/krislewis31/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsq1jfo28y.jpg.html)[IMG][

This is the sapphire/ruby that I bought from Kenny last November..... Although it's hard to see in this photo, his tail fin is blue, and the front part of his top fin is blue-grey. I'm hoping that his body color will fill in soon! What do you guys think?

Northwoods Discus
06-05-2015, 09:39 AM
I like him. Love the colors. His tail seems to be indented into his body from the angle of the photo. Is he a bulldog variety or is it just the angle?

DonMD
06-05-2015, 11:38 AM
I can't help saying it . . . it looks like he's got a wedgie!

krislewis3
06-05-2015, 04:58 PM
You guys may be right about the tail.......but I love this fish. He looks like a cartoon character, like he should be in a Walt Disney movie. His face matches his personality. If a fish can be sweet...this guy is the sweetest. He's nice to everyone, minds his own business, and yes...he is the one fish in the tank that gets bullied. Kris

alron2
06-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Don.

You need to get out more, you have been in the fish room too long. I suggest a trip to the beach.

Ron

DonMD
06-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Don.

You need to get out more, you have been in the fish room too long. I suggest a trip to the beach.

Ron

Yep, lots of wedgies out at the beach! LOL. But you have to admit, he does look a little puckered up!

Sorry, Kris, I'm sure he's a sweetheart. Just my evil mind.

DC Discus
06-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Nice Fish! I have 'virgin reds' from Kenny (very similar fish) and they change their shading regularly while spawning. Sometimes it's a deep red, sometimes a light red, or the black halo is very pronounced. Mine are like mood rings.

It hard to tell in the pic, does your fish have the blue in the face too?

Cheers,
DC

Mgus
06-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Cool looking fish his fins look like they blend right into the tail nice round look to it.

rickztahone
06-05-2015, 09:52 PM
I like him. Love the colors. His tail seems to be indented into his body from the angle of the photo. Is he a bulldog variety or is it just the angle?

Personally I would call that a bulldog variety. Nothing wrong with that, but that is what I think it is due to the shape.

krislewis3
06-06-2015, 01:00 PM
He does have the shape, so perhaps he is a bulldog variety, and I didn't realize it when I ordered him. Kinda makes me go Hummmmmmmm!!! Anyway, he does have a bluish hue to his face, which I'm hoping will develop more! I'll post more photos when he is fully grown! Kris

DiscusRob
06-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Yep, lots of wedgies out at the beach! LOL. But you have to admit, he does look a little puckered up!

Sorry, Kris, I'm sure he's a sweetheart. Just my evil mind.

Don, since your in VA, I won't mention the wedgies that we see here down in florida as it is a family board, and for the record "evil minds" kept in check can lead to fun conversations:):):)