PDA

View Full Version : DiskusGold Planktoplus Daily Discus Pellets now available here!

brewmaster15
06-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a new food to start offering to compliment my freeze dried blackworms. It had to be something different, something that had a good nutritional profile and little in terms of junk and fillers. It had to have the right size, something really made for discus. Its not that easy to find a premium pellet like that! I even went as far as having various pellets and flakes made with my Blackworms as an ingredient. I really wasn't thrilled with any of the results, so I set it on the back burner.

Recently, I got introduced to a new Discus food maker, Axel Oldemeier, in Germany by a mutual friend of ours and got some samples of his Premium DiskusGold Pellets. Its a bit different than what is out there. More of a soft slow sinking pellet. Soft enough that even fry and juvies can eat it. I sent some samples out to a few test users, most results came back very positive. Tested it so far with discus, angels( including altums) rams, geophagus, keyholes etc. As with all new foods, it can take a little time for them to get used to it...but once they do it can be a feeding frenzy!

Check out the video here from the manufacturer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KAZEl6tqsEk

The food is called Diskusgold® PlanktoPlus Daily.If theres a market here for it, I will be distributing it in North America. I recently got in my first small stock shipment in to see how it goes.

Axel has more information on his site( in German but google translate works well!).

http://diskus-direkt.de/shop_content.php?coID=208

The original ingredient list is in german, and so the translation is a little rough.

Diskusgold® PlanktoPlus Daily.
The Soft granules with L-carnitine growth booster, discus vitamins and 15% plankton (brine shrimp, krill ...)
We call it the new Smooth food because it is not hard. It is full of power:

Low humidity, lots of plankton. Brine shrimp, Artemia cysts, crustaceans and shellfish. A discus vitamin mix, an optimal protein-fat ratio, herbal ingredients complement the food and make it a powerhouse. The water stress by our PlankoPlus Daily is low. Thus PlanktoPlus Daily is the ideal complement to the frozen food basic nutrition your discus fish! The food is cold pressed, so the nutrients and vitamins are retained as possible.

Granulation is for Discus from 5 cm up to adult Discus.

Ingredients: Meat and animal derivatives (30% bovine protein extracts), vegetable by-products, fish and fish derivatives, Vegetable protein extracts, molluscs and crustaceans (10% krill 5% Artemia cysts), protein products from microorganisms, oils and fats, vegetables, yeasts, algae, vitamin premix (discus vitamins), amino acids 1000 mg / kg L-carnitine

Analysis: Crude Protein 48%, crude fat 11.8%, crude fiber 0.9%, ash 4.9%

Just wanted to share. I have been looking for something unique and different to add to my store and I am hopeful this works out. If you are in the market for a new Premium Food, please consider giving it a try. Your Discus deserve the best, thats why you feed our Freeze Dried Blackworms. I sincerely hope to see this food will be on their menu as well. :)

I have added it to my storefront so you can easily purchase it while shopping for your discus Freeze Dried Blackworm Needs...

Order here (http://aquaticsuppliers.com/DiskusGold-Premium-Pellets_c9.htm)...
http://aquaticsuppliers.com/DiskusGold-Premium-Pellets_c9.htm

Thank you, and Thank you Axel for the opportunity to work with you!

al

Second Hand Pat
06-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Been waiting for this Al. :)

Guys, the wilds took to this food very quickly.
Pat

jmf3460
06-05-2015, 03:17 PM
while I do not classify this as "slow sinking" in my mind, it does look promising. this is coming from a person whos tried for 6months to get my wilds to eat anything other than your FDBW with minimal success. I have tried "slow sinking" pellets that sink much slower than these and while the discus did not eat them, the corydoras and pleco's loved them! id be willing to give them a try if you got some, but it would be a small sample size, maybe not even worth the shipping.

brewmaster15
06-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Been waiting for this Al. :)

Guys, the wilds took to this food very quickly.
Pat
Thanks Pat!:)

brewmaster15
06-05-2015, 03:45 PM
while I do not classify this as "slow sinking" in my mind, it does look promising. this is coming from a person whos tried for 6months to get my wilds to eat anything other than your FDBW with minimal success. I have tried "slow sinking" pellets that sink much slower than these and while the discus did not eat them, the corydoras and pleco's loved them! id be willing to give them a try if you got some, but it would be a small sample size, maybe not even worth the shipping.

Thanks Jacklyn,
I understand where you are coming from.Its hard to find a good pellet.

Best always,
al

ESXiGuy
06-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Do these need to be pre-soaked? And do you really need any additives like garlic to make it appealing?

brewmaster15
06-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Do these need to be pre-soaked? And do you really need any additives like garlic to make it appealing? They do not need to be pre-soaked. Hard to describe these without having them in hand but they are softer pellets.. They should not cause bloating.

As for the additives like garlic to make it appealing? Honestly , Its hard to say what a particular fish will find appealing or not. I have had many discus here over the years that were great eaters and then I have had ones that were picky.

If you have picky discus odds are they will be picky about this food just as they are about other foods except their favorites.

That said, A hungry discus will eventually learn to add food items to their menu.

hth,
al

nc0gnet0
06-05-2015, 05:44 PM
I have tested this food for Al, and almost all my fish took to it right away, and my small juvies and large fry loved it. It's actually quite soft, and quite easy to break apart if rubbed between your thumb and index finger. I have been waiting for Al to carry something like this for a long time, so now, not only can I make his house payment, but his car payment as well (jk).

lkleung007
06-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Hi Al,

Looks interesting...the video showed the juvies really loving the food...I wonder how adults take to this food...it seems like the food really scatters throughout the tank. I'll be placing an order of this with the FDBWs real soon.

Lester

brewmaster15
06-06-2015, 10:54 AM
I have tested this food for Al, and almost all my fish took to it right away, and my small juvies and large fry loved it. It's actually quite soft, and quite easy to break apart if rubbed between your thumb and index finger. I have been waiting for Al to carry something like this for a long time, so now, not only can I make his house payment, but his car payment as well (jk).

Thanks Rick!!!:)

brewmaster15
06-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi Al,

Looks interesting...the video showed the juvies really loving the food...I wonder how adults take to this food...it seems like the food really scatters throughout the tank. I'll be placing an order of this with the FDBWs real soon.

Lester

Lester, anytime you are ready....I am fully stocked on on FDBW and this new food as well.:) Thanks!

al

jmf3460
06-06-2015, 04:26 PM
al how much for a small sample of these pellets?? or what is your smallest amount.

Altum Nut
06-06-2015, 05:11 PM
I've been sold on these pellets and will post a review once order arrives.

Just ordered a double whammy.... DiskusGold and the ever popular FDBW cubes.

...Ralph

sdrexler078
06-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Just put my order in. I can't wait to try these. Most of my discus don't go for pellets but these look promising

brewmaster15
06-08-2015, 07:59 AM
al how much for a small sample of these pellets?? or what is your smallest amount.
Jackyln, pm sent. thx

brewmaster15
06-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Thanks Sam and Ralph! Foods on the way!

al

lkleung007
06-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Hey Al,

Just placed my order for both FDBW and the pellets...I am hopeful that I can incorporated these pellets into the daily dietary menu for my discus.

Lester

brewmaster15
06-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey Al,

Just placed my order for both FDBW and the pellets...I am hopeful that I can incorporated these pellets into the daily dietary menu for my discus.

Lester
Thanks Lester thats on the way , Thanks! I think nutritionally the pellets would be a good addition to a diet, I have been adding them here now to my discus tank. It can be a challenge with some fish to get them eating a new food. Just be sure to only feed them the pellets initially and they should take to them. It took my tank of Freeze Dried BlackWorm spoiled discus a few days to really settle into them.
Thanks again!

al

lkleung007
06-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Great Al,

I'll let you know how my discus do on them... my discus do eat flake food every morning so I'm hoping that they will like the pellets also... the only other pellet that I have tried in the past with minimal amount of success was Tetrabits.

sd86tlam
06-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Al,

Would you be able to tell when you have the 120 g back in stock?

Thank you very much.

brewmaster15
07-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Al,

Thank you very much.

Hi Tuan,
I am hoping to have it back in stock very soon.Its on order and should be here shortly..

thanks,
Al

Len
07-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Just got my first order of Diskusgold yesterday and it went over very well. The fish all accepted it right away and didn't leave so much as a crumb -- very clean food.

MGKelly
07-02-2015, 04:04 AM
I tried this and my fry love it, I also use it as a suppliment for my adults.
Soft enough to break up easily in water, but not dissolve. Excellent food!

Joe

brewmaster15
07-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback Len and Joe! Glad the pellets are working out for you. My discus have really taken to them also.

Best always!
al

brewmaster15
07-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Al,

Thank you very much.

Just got an email that my stock has shipped... Given the transit time and holiday, I'd say end of next week if we are lucky.

Best always,
al

sd86tlam
07-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Just got an email that my stock has shipped... Given the transit time and holiday, I'd say end of next week if we are lucky.

Best always,
al

Al,

Excellent!!! I am looking forward to trying your new food.

MSD
07-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Al, along with my order of blackworms I ordered the DiskusGold Planktoplus Daily Discus Pellets. As usual with your prompt shipping I got both foods within a day and a half from ordering. The worms my discus fight over and love so that is a given, but the looked over the pellets and ate them all in about 5 mins. As a former bird keeper I would describe this food more as crumbles rather than pellets. It sinks right away but maintains its integrity and the crumbles stay together. A great new food choice that offers excellent nutrition and good flavor that attracts the discus. Thanks again for introducing us to new and better foods.

brewmaster15
07-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Al, along with my order of blackworms I ordered the DiskusGold Planktoplus Daily Discus Pellets. As usual with your prompt shipping I got both foods within a day and a half from ordering. The worms my discus fight over and love so that is a given, but the looked over the pellets and ate them all in about 5 mins. As a former bird keeper I would describe this food more as crumbles rather than pellets. It sinks right away but maintains its integrity and the crumbles stay together. A great new food choice that offers excellent nutrition and good flavor that attracts the discus. Thanks again for introducing us to new and better foods.

Thank you Mark!!!!:)

al

Trac
07-10-2015, 03:00 AM
3 weeks ago i have ordered 500g of loose fdbw bio pigment, this is my 1st time trying loose and i really like and so as my discus. it is very convienence for me before I go to work in the morning cause i dont have to stick my hand in the water just throw them tank. I just placed my first diskusgold and hope my discus will like it.

Thanks Al

Ben

brewmaster15
07-12-2015, 10:25 AM
3 weeks ago i have ordered 500g of loose fdbw bio pigment, this is my 1st time trying loose and i really like and so as my discus. it is very convienence for me before I go to work in the morning cause i dont have to stick my hand in the water just throw them tank. I just placed my first diskusgold and hope my discus will like it.

Thanks Al

Ben Thanks Ben! The Diskusgold is on the way. Theres a feeding tips sheet I have included as well.

Best always!
al

Trac
07-13-2015, 02:22 AM
Thanks Ben! The Diskusgold is on the way. Theres a feeding tips sheet I have included as well.

Best always!
al

Thanks Al.

farebox
10-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Received seven three inch discus from Hans on 10/06/15, started feeding these guys the next day an diet on your FDBW, DiskusGold, and Hans Colbalt flakes. Feed 4x daily and doing 50% WC 2x daily. All are in 55G bare bottom tank and plan on growing out to 5" using this menu. Check out video eating the pellets last night: https://youtu.be/I8DXVd8-uxA

rickztahone
10-16-2015, 10:03 PM
Received seven three inch discus from Hans on 10/06/15, started feeding these guys the next day an diet on your FDBW, DiskusGold, and Hans Colbalt flakes. Feed 4x daily and doing 50% WC 2x daily. All are in 55G bare bottom tank and plan on growing out to 5" using this menu. Check out video eating the pellets last night: https://youtu.be/I8DXVd8-uxA

Look at how quick the pellets sink! I love these pellets and so do my discus :)

Kenny's Discus
10-17-2015, 02:03 AM
Great product as always Al. :thumbsup:

Kenny

brewmaster15
10-21-2015, 12:06 PM

Thank you Roland!!!:)

brewmaster15
10-21-2015, 12:07 PM
Great product as always Al. :thumbsup:

Kenny
Coming from you Kenny, That means alot! Thanks!:)

brewmaster15
11-20-2015, 12:48 PM
New stock on the way everyone...should be here in the next few days.

Thanks!
al

Rapture
02-21-2016, 08:56 PM
The 250mL is backordered on your website, do you know when you will have more? I'd like to try some!

Rummy
02-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Hi there. It has been a while since I have been to the forum. My fish are five years old now. I just wanted to give my comment on the new Diskusgold. I just offered it for the first time and had to leave a comment. MY FISH LOVE IT. :D ‘Nuff said. They devoured it immediately. I am very excited about the food.
Thank you, Al.

brewmaster15
02-26-2016, 09:22 AM
The 250mL is backordered on your website, do you know when you will have more? I'd like to try some!
Very soon I hope...I will post when I do.thanks!

Hi there. It has been a while since I have been to the forum. My fish are five years old now. I just wanted to give my comment on the new Diskusgold. I just offered it for the first time and had to leave a comment. MY FISH LOVE IT. ‘Nuff said. They devoured it immediately. I am very excited about the food.
Thank you, Al.

Anik

Thanks for the feedback Anik!!:)

al

Spardas
03-17-2016, 02:12 PM
Waiting for stock to be back. Ordered some blackworms though...

Spardas
03-17-2016, 06:26 PM
Not sure if you got them yet or not, but I could order it from site, so placed order for 480 g.

brewmaster15
03-21-2016, 09:59 AM

These are back in stock....:)

I am waiting on an order of the 480 grams size though.

thanks,
al

vader2nd
03-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Just got my order in today. Gave some to my discus I received from Kenny last week and they took them right away.
Thanks Al.

Chris Poulin

Braydon00
03-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Ordered! Excited to feed them to my juveniles!

brewmaster15
03-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Just got my order in today. Gave some to my discus I received from Kenny last week and they took them right away.
Thanks Al.

Chris Poulin

Thanks for the feedback Chris!!

best always,
al

bamzam
04-01-2016, 01:09 AM
Just put an order in...I hope my discus take to the new food! The last few sinking pellets they didn't seem to care for...

brewmaster15
04-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Just put an order in...I hope my discus take to the new food! The last few sinking pellets they didn't seem to care for...

Pellets can be challenging to get discus to accept. I've had some very positive reviews on this pellet in that regard but it really depends on how spoiled your discus are. They can become finicky eaters if they are only fed one or two kinds of food. Good luck with this pellet and be patient when you try new foods.. Feed only the new food for several days. MOST discus will come around to new foods...it just takes a bit of training. It helps greatly if you start them young...but old fish will also come around.

Best always,
Al

brady
04-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Hi Al
In your garden yet?
Just put in an order.I have what probably seems like a stupid Question, but just curious. I have 7 juvies about 3-1/2 to 4 in. How many pellets per fish would you recommend?
I know you said that this is a pretty concentrated food and they are good eaters. They are fed prime reef flakes, veal heart mix , your fdbw and discus gold.
Thanks
Jay

brewmaster15
04-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Jay, honestly, as much as they will eat in about 15 minutes. I'm guessing maybe a 1/4 teaspoon... but feed sparing initially. They are going to probably mouth it alot at first.

hth,
al

rickztahone
04-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Jay, honestly, as much as they will eat in about 15 minutes. I'm guessing maybe a 1/4 teaspoon... but feed sparing initially. They are going to probably mouth it alot at first.

hth,
al

I think I'm feeding too much! lol. Granted, my group is older but my group of 8 will eat 1 tablespoon of pellets in 10-15 minutes.

brewmaster15
04-01-2016, 09:50 PM
I think I'm feeding too much! lol. Granted, my group is older but my group of 8 will eat 1 tablespoon of pellets in 10-15 minutes.

Ricardo, I love over achiever Discus that eat alot!:bandana:

al

rickztahone
04-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Ricardo, I love over achiever Discus that eat alot!:bandana:

al

me too! I'll share a video soon enough of them going to town on these. I keep saying it, but these pellets are different than any others I have tried simply because they sink immediately. Although my discus can eat from the surface feeder station, they prefer to eat from the floor.

brady
04-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Have to complain about al's delivery. I ordered discus gold yesterday,4/1 and I received it today, 4/2, but it was an hour late.LOL
Thanks Al.
Jay

bamzam
04-05-2016, 01:53 AM
Thanks Al! Surprisingly, 5 out of 6 of my discus started eating the pellets on the first try. I'm going to try feeding these exclusively over the next day or two to see if I can get the other one to join in. These things must have some kind of smell to them because my pleco, which never comes out with the tank light on, decided to come out from hiding to try them too. Now it looks like my only problem might be the discus getting their food before the pleco devours it all lol

xxalanxx
04-29-2016, 12:15 AM
I'm interested in ordering this. I am almost finished w/ my 100g FDBW.

How is the nutrition value of this compare to FDBW? Which one is better?

brewmaster15
04-29-2016, 06:08 AM
I'm interested in ordering this. I am almost finished w/ my 100g FDBW.

How is the nutrition value of this compare to FDBW? Which one is better?

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the interest. They both have very sound nutritional make ups.. high in proteins and very good profiles. You will probably find the fish go for the Freeze Dried worms with more gusto....few foods out there attract Discus like them.

Honestly though..I look at them as complimentary products. Both very nutritious but containing differing food sources. I feed both here for that reason.

Hth,
Al

azmtns
11-15-2016, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to add that this pellet food is awesome. Not only do my discus love it, but you should see the effects on my acara's, angels, etc. Great breeding food for other cichlids and rainbowfish as well. Fish will fight for this stuff. I just recieved a decent sized order from you yesterday and my wife could smell it in the mail. My kids and her laughed that I was getting fish food again.

brewmaster15
11-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Just wanted to add that this pellet food is awesome. Not only do my discus love it, but you should see the effects on my acara's, angels, etc. Great breeding food for other cichlids and rainbowfish as well. Fish will fight for this stuff. I just recieved a decent sized order from you yesterday and my wife could smell it in the mail. My kids and her laughed that I was getting fish food again.

Thank you very very Much for the feedback!

Al

Etek
03-23-2017, 09:56 PM
Hey Al, any idea when these will be back in stock? I was gonna place an order for some pellets and cubes.

brewmaster15
03-27-2017, 07:23 AM
Hi Eric,
I am hoping to have my stock order in the next 1-2 weeks. My supplier just finished making a new batch .:) I will post as soon as I receive it!

thanks,
al

brewmaster15
04-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Hello all!

Thank you for your patience here! I am happy to say I am back in Stock with a New Batch of the DiskusGold Planktoplus Daily Discus Pellets..

Order here please....http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/DiskusGold-Premium-Pellets_c9.htm

Best always,
al

HappyFace
01-13-2018, 08:39 PM
Thank you for your lightening fast shipping Al! I love your black worms but I'm really *excited* about these! What I love most about them is I don't have to stop my return pump. They sink and are SUPER clean! <3

Can they be fed as the only source of food?

brewmaster15
01-19-2018, 09:50 AM
Thank you for your lightening fast shipping Al! I love your black worms but I'm really *excited* about these! What I love most about them is I don't have to stop my return pump. They sink and are SUPER clean! <3

Can they be fed as the only source of food?

Thanks Heidi, and apologies for the delay here. I've been a bit tied the last month and have not had much time for the forum. I'm glad your fish like them, Sometimes its a challenge getting discus to eat pellets and crumbles. They are a really nutritious food and there is no reason they can't be fed as an only food source except that discus can get bored ! As you feed both my Freeze Dried Backworms and these pellets Id say you are giving a really great diet to them!

Thanks again!
al

Davegtr
01-01-2021, 04:21 PM
I’ve been researching food options and noticed this, it looks good! Any idea when it will be back in stock?