PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine Questions

ESXiGuy
06-10-2015, 03:35 AM
Greetings,

I had two questions regarding quarantines which I was hoping I could get some answers regarding:

Scenario 1 -

I am currently treating a Discus with white poop and internal parasites. Treating tank with Metronidozole and Praziquental (API General Cure). Dose tank twice daily with 500MG and 50% Water Change. If I have a snowball pleco and 3 Albino Cory Sterbais added in the tank would they also be treated/cured for anything API General Cure would fix for the Discus?

Scenario 2 -

If a main tank Discus is living in QT and new Discus is added to the QT tank would this be a faster method than to let the new arrivals sit by themselves and then adding in a fish to their QT environment? Seems like if the new arrivals move to a QT tank that had a main tank fish it would be the equivalent of adding in the new fish directly to the main tank as far as testing for bacteria?

Thanks in advance for the help.

bluelagoon
06-10-2015, 07:04 AM
The discus would pick up diseases in both tanks.Yes,other fish carry the same diseases.Do you only have one older discus?The main tank should have been treated and free of disease before new discus or another other fish go in it.Keep the new discus QT by themselves.