PDA

View Full Version : NADA 2016 Chicago Preferred Date poll

nc0gnet0
06-30-2015, 04:21 PM
We are currently getting close to nailing down a Location and Date for the upcoming NADA 2016 show to be hosted in Chicago and would like your input.
Under consideration are the following three dates. Each begin on a Thursday and End on a Sunday.

June 30-July 3 (cheapest option)
July 7-July 10 (mid range option)
July 14-July 17 (most expensive option)

To be fair, the increments in costs are only $10.00 per night. Let us know which date works best for you!

rickztahone
06-30-2015, 04:39 PM
I am not sure how a 4th of July weekend is cheaper than all the rest, but that may be the best option there for price alone. However, if hotels in Chicago are anything like ours here around 4th of July, they are super busy! Due to this fact alone, doing it after the 4th of July weekend may be a better option.

Personally, I think any are fine, but cheaper is always better right, but be prepared to get a few canceled reservation due to unforseen "4th of July" events in the family.

nc0gnet0
06-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Technically the week of June 30-July 3 is not on the 4th, but immediately after. It does make it nice for some, coming home on Sunday and still having a day off (the 4th of July) to recover some. Or, some might opt to stay another day and vacation in Chicago.

Keith Perkins
06-30-2015, 05:24 PM
The area our leading contender hotel is in is very non-fish spouse :) and family friendly too. An IMAX theater on one side of the hotel and a Target on the other. Across a pretty quiet street a shopping center with all kinds of options. Dozens of restaurant choices with everything from McDonald's to Breweries. A shuttle that runs 24/7, a premium hotel at a negotiated group non-premium price, and a great neighborhood.

Discus-n00b
06-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Eek. I'd have to vote after the 4th. Leading up to that weekend traveling will be pretty horrendous if it's like it is in this part of the country. And annual family plans and everything.

Bill63SG
06-30-2015, 06:51 PM
Considering summer is my busiest work load I vote October,lol.

Keith Perkins
06-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Eek. I'd have to vote after the 4th. Leading up to that weekend traveling will be pretty horrendous if it's like it is in this part of the country. And annual family plans and everything.

The thing about Chicagoland weekends and holidays Matt is that a lot of the people have left for Wisconsin. I strictly avoid the interstate near my house on Friday nights going north and Sunday nights going south. Coming in Thursday and sliding out Sunday before the 4th on Monday may be relatively light traffic wise.

BOBT00LS
06-30-2015, 09:25 PM
I don't believe June 30 - July 3rd would be a very good idea. Lots of people make plans for the July 4th weekend and I think it would affect attendance greatly.

Bob

Altum Nut
06-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Although it does not matter to me either way which date is picked but a couple of replies bring forth something to consider in relation to attendance affected by 4th of July family plans.
Look out for me regardless...I'll be the guy lost in traffic asking for directions...:confused:

...Ralph

nc0gnet0
06-30-2015, 11:53 PM
This is quite interesting, while I understand some peoples concern about the weekend of the 4th, I would have guessed that those same people would have voted for the last week and not July 7 - 10, which is still the week of the 4th just after and not before............

-Rick

Allwin
06-30-2015, 11:58 PM
Chicago is a happening place in summer and lots of activities will be going around, so folks planning for the NADA show can very well plan for their long weekend family trip, in and around Chicago as well. Just a thought.

Larry Bugg
07-01-2015, 09:13 AM
There could be pluses and minuses for the 4th weekend. Because the 4th is on Monday next year this will make a 4 day weekend for a lot of people. For someone like me who is coming to the Show no matter what weekend it is then it is a plus since as Rick mentioned it would make Monday a extra travel day. On the down side, as others have mentioned, a lot of families make plans every year for this weekend and it is probably one of the biggest vacation weeks also. For a lot of these people who are not staunch NADA Show or Discus people then their normal 4th plans would probably win out. Just my guess but like Bob, I think we would lose more attendees for this weekend then we would gain.

Mugwump
07-01-2015, 09:22 AM
I agree Larry....I live around Chicago, and the 4th weekend is loaded with lake front activities, not mentioning the things happening in the surrounding area....it's a mad time for travel'n, plus folks aren't in a fish love'n frame of mind......the week(s) after are a much calmer times here...

dirtyplants
07-01-2015, 09:46 AM
The forth has lots of activities but I lived and worked and went to school in Chicago, it will be a mad house, and traffic will be unbelievably crazy and expensive to park. Plan on an hour of line standing for restaurant dinning, a lot of walking from parking lot. I can see family members who don't like fish might want to venture out. The art centers are awesome China town amazing. Shopping is non stop. Chicago has tons of activities and art. Take a boat to your city destination, like China Town. I have to say that these are available any time of the year, except for the boat trips. So I would be inclined for the dates after the forth, my logic being the traffic will be moving in the opposite direction of my destination.

John_Nicholson
07-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Please note that this poll is to get opinions. We might not go with the option that wins. We are looking for the option that seems to work best for most people. From conversations it is starting to appear that the middle option may turn out to be our best bet.

-john

nc0gnet0
07-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Please note that this poll is to get opinions. We might not go with the option that wins. We are looking for the option that seems to work best for most people. From conversations it is starting to appear that the middle option may turn out to be our best bet.

-john

Could not have said it better........

John_Nicholson
07-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Could not have said it better........

I know that is why I said it for you.....LOL.

-john

brewmaster15
07-01-2015, 02:10 PM
I like the first option and voted for it...It would be a great start to a weeks vacation out that way with my family...which is what I would probably do.:)

Al