PDA

View Full Version : Video: 8 Discus Pairs With Eggs Or Fry

Canadian Aqua Farm
07-13-2015, 07:59 PM
I had been hoping for a quiet summer in my fish room but the discus have other plans for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgU1iaAPpgQ

Phillydubs
07-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Wow those are some stunning pairs you have there!!! You will be very busy

Canadian Aqua Farm
07-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Wow those are some stunning pairs you have there!!! You will be very busy

Thanks Phil. The hard work starts now that I have separated the fry from the parents. The pairs did a great job of raising their fry except for the Red Eagles who ended up eating their eggs. I love the round shape of these Red Scribbles and looking forward to seeing how the fry turn out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YcRY9spIxY

discuspaul
07-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Great work, Rick-

You sure are a jack of all trades when it comes to fish-keeping - both fresh water & marine. Very impressive !
You must have added some tanks since the last time I was out your way - either that or I didn't see all your facilities.
I was of course impressed with your discus & angel set-ups, but don't recall setting eyes on the rest of your enterprises.
Must get out your way again soon.

Canadian Aqua Farm
07-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Great work, Rick-

You sure are a jack of all trades when it comes to fish-keeping - both fresh water & marine. Very impressive !
You must have added some tanks since the last time I was out your way - either that or I didn't see all your facilities.
I was of course impressed with your discus & angel set-ups, but don't recall setting eyes on the rest of your enterprises.
Must get out your way again soon.

You must have watched the virtual tour video that I made over New Years 2012. Since then all of my tanks have been converted over to discus. The marine fish and corals were getting to be a bit much to look after on top of all the discus. I still have the koi ponds going though.

CliffsDiscus
07-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Very nice, keep up the great work. by the way do you know if Les Holmes is still keeping Discus.

Thanks,
Cliff

Canadian Aqua Farm
07-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Very nice, keep up the great work. by the way do you know if Les Holmes is still keeping Discus.

Thanks,
Cliff

Thanks Cliff, I'm not sure on that. The name doesn't sound familiar.