PDA

View Full Version : Joining

plantman3
07-26-2015, 12:36 AM
I reside in N.J. I am currently in the process of setting up a 225 gallon discus aquarium with a wet/dry filter and refugium. Can I join this particular club. Thanks. AL.

Reillyalfred
07-26-2015, 06:05 AM
Yes Sir Welcome

Fishquake
07-26-2015, 07:36 AM
Welcome Al from a fellow resident of the great state of N.J.

rickztahone
07-26-2015, 01:08 PM
I reside in N.J. I am currently in the process of setting up a 225 gallon discus aquarium with a wet/dry filter and refugium. Can I join this particular club. Thanks. AL.

You most certainly can. Welcome to SimplyDiscus. Your one stop shop for everything discus ;)

alron2
07-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Alan,

Welcome. How about telling us about your discus experience, existing discus, plans for your setup, etc.

Ron

plantman3
09-27-2015, 08:21 AM
Ron. I have been keeping tropical fish for many years. I have now decided to try my hand at discus. My system is comprised of a 225 gallon aquarium, a 30 gallon refugium, a twin tower trickle system, five 360we Kessil pendant LED lights, two Eco-Tech VectorL1 pumps, a GLA CO2 Regulator, an Aqua Sterilizer, and a variety of electronic (monitoring) equipment. The tank and the refugium are both planted. I am still in the process of setting up the system. I ordered six large (7") discus from Kenny"s Discus and I plan to pick them up at the airport this coming Monday. I HOPE everything goes well. I can post some pictures of the aquarium after the fish settle down.

rickztahone
09-27-2015, 12:43 PM
Ron. I have been keeping tropical fish for many years. I have now decided to try my hand at discus. My system is comprised of a 225 gallon aquarium, a 30 gallon refugium, a twin tower trickle system, five 360we Kessil pendant LED lights, two Eco-Tech VectorL1 pumps, a GLA CO2 Regulator, an Aqua Sterilizer, and a variety of electronic (monitoring) equipment. The tank and the refugium are both planted. I am still in the process of setting up the system. I ordered six large (7") discus from Kenny"s Discus and I plan to pick them up at the airport this coming Monday. I HOPE everything goes well. I can post some pictures of the aquarium after the fish settle down.

5 KESSIL 360'S??? Wow, I'd love to see that whole setup seeing as you didn't go the cheap route on lighting :)