PDA

View Full Version : NADA Membership Drive !

nc0gnet0
08-03-2015, 08:55 AM
NADA 2015 Membership Drive

Do you want to be part of an organization which caters to discus? A national organization that hosts a biennial discus show as well as several raffles a year in which $5 dollars gives you a chance to win two or more high quality discus, with shipping included? Are you alone in your neck of the woods without any discus hobbyist in your area and would like to connect with other discus hobbyists? Have you seen discus in an aquarium shop but unsure how to care for them?

Consider joining the North American Discus Association (NADA). We are a collection of discus nuts who promote the advancement, improvement, and promotion of the discus hobby. Our goal is to educate, encourage new members, provide vital information on the care of the discus, and to offer assistance to local clubs and organizations to help promote as well as provide judges for discus at fish shows.

But wait, there’s more!

We also support organizations Such as Project Piaba and the University of Florida Aquatic Research Center to promote the advancement of science, research and conservation of both fish in the wild and decorative fish for home hobbyists.

http://www.discusnada.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/piabalogo1-240x300.jpg
Project Piaba

Project Piaba is a community based interdisciplinary project established to understand the ecological and socio-cultural systems of the middle Rio Negro basin, Amazonas, Brazil. In order to conserve and maintain the live ornamental fishery and other renewable resources at commercially feasible and ecologically sustainable levels.

Project Piaba’s goal is to promote the sustainable harvest of aquatic resources that will ensure the survival of both the Amazonian rainforests and its human inhabitants.

Project Piaba aims to generate data relating to a wide range of issues, from population of species diversity, to the function and structure of the ecosystem, in addition to developing measures that will help improve the livelihood of the riverine people of Barceló’s, Brazil. The ultimate goal is to promote at commercially and ecologically sustainable levels, and to help to reduce environmentally destructive land use and rural-to-urban migration in the Rio Negro basin of the Amazon rain forest

http://www.discusnada.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/025_jose_bento67761.jpg

As part of this membership drive, for each new membership purchased, $5.00 will be donated to project Piaba. Even if you keep fish other than discus, Project Piaba is helping ensure that all fish harvested in the Amazon basin will be available in the future for you and future hobbyists. So please consider joining NADA and help us to support Project Piaba.

Joining NADA is easy! It’s only $10 a year and as a member you will be able to interact with other discus hobbyists and keep abreast of news as we prepare for our next discus show which will be in Chicago in 2016. Members can also save money by getting discounts offered to NADA members by our fine sponsors.

Become a member today! Use the link below to purchase your membership.

http://www.discusnada.org/nada-information/nada-2015-membership-drive/

brewmaster15
08-03-2015, 11:47 AM
As part of this membership drive, for each new membership purchased, $5.00 will be donated to project Piaba. Even if you keep fish other than discus, Project Piaba is helping ensure that all fish harvested in the Amazon basin will be available in the future for you and future hobbyists. So please consider joining NADA and help us to support Project Piaba.
Awesome! I'm in. Membership Bought! :)

al

nc0gnet0
08-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Awesome! I'm in. Membership Bought! :)

al

THANKS AL!

-Rick

MGKelly
08-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Just joined!

thanks, Joe

John_Nicholson
08-03-2015, 02:33 PM
So Rick if I let my membership expire does that mean you have to become the show chairman???????

All BS aside, folks this is a great organization. Please join and more than that please come to NADA.

-john

nc0gnet0
08-03-2015, 09:41 PM
So Rick if I let my membership expire does that mean you have to become the show chairman???????

All BS aside, folks this is a great organization. Please join and more than that please come to NADA.

-john

Yup, it does, but under the by-laws if a show chair allows his membership to lapse, the penalty is death by firing squad........

Second Hand Pat
08-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Yup, it does, but under the by-laws if a show chair allows his membership to lapse, the penalty is death by firing squad........

and there is that "other" clause

John_Nicholson
08-04-2015, 08:14 AM

might be worth it....LOL.

-john

MKD
08-04-2015, 01:15 PM
That's awesome. I'm in.

Loosir
08-04-2015, 01:29 PM
That's awesome. I'm in.

On putting John to a firing squad?;)

John_Nicholson
08-04-2015, 01:45 PM
lol

-john

Second Hand Pat
08-04-2015, 02:25 PM
On putting John to a firing squad?;)

There is a better way

nc0gnet0
08-04-2015, 07:30 PM
There is a better way

Pat,

They outlawed that in the middle ages.........

Discus-n00b
08-04-2015, 08:03 PM
I was going to suggest the firing squad be the next NADA raffle....but as luck would have it that would be the one John actually wins for once and we wouldn't want that. John winning or the firing squad, can't upset the balance!

I will re-up fairly soon.

Second Hand Pat
08-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Pat,

They outlawed that in the middle ages.........

Not what I have in mind :angel:

Quintin
08-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Can I join.im from another country.but would like to be in the loop so to say.

John_Nicholson
08-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Can I join.im from another country.but would like to be in the loop so to say.

Yep we will take money from just about anyone...LOL.

-john

Eddie
08-29-2015, 08:05 AM
I'd love to be a member of NADA! ;)