PDA

View Full Version : a.person61 First Planted And Discus Tank.

a.person61
08-13-2015, 02:50 AM
This is my first proper planted tank which happens to be my first discus tank. It's still in the works but it's comming along nicely. I haven't added the discus yet until I get the plants 200% right, atm I'm only about 110%. Currently I'm beggining to change from gravel to sand, it's a slow process but worth it. The plants in it are assorted anubias and java moss all easy plants to keep. Theres a mix of glowlight tetras, rummy nose, cardinal and hockey sticks 4 corys, 1 albino bristalnose and 1 peppermint bristalnose, 3 guramies, a electric blue ram, 2 angals and 6 small clown loaches. My tank is a 6 foot long aquaone R180 which holds 540 liters of water, filtration is a eheim pro 3 600 with the outlet on the aquaone trickle filter. I live in Albury Australia where the climate is ALWAYS extream-to hot to cold. 89116

a.person61
08-13-2015, 02:51 AM
Thats a old photo but its the newest i have

dprais1
08-13-2015, 10:32 AM
you could add most crypts, they are easy to keep, like medium light, spread quickly and help to deal with the food buildup and aerate the substrate.

check out "Wendtii Crypt " they come in green and bronze variety.

---I believe they would have to be slowly acclimated to discus temps, over maybe 2-3 months. but worth it

pitdogg2
08-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Clown Loaches no good IMHO they can be very aggressive as they get bigger they get to be 14" long and have very sharp spines on their cheeks last but not least nocturnal. Which as Discus are sleeping can cause them to crash around.

a.person61
08-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Yea others have told me the same thing, There quiet small at the moment but when they get bigger i will sell them at the local fish action or give them away. But hey you never know i could get another tank.
Dprais1 thinks for the input, all my plants are tied to rocks and driftwood so i can easily move and clean the floor. Maybe in the future when im more confident. :)