PDA

View Full Version : seachem nitrate test - short rant

Jack L
09-12-2015, 08:09 PM
okay this stuff if epic waste of time/money

i though API was bad for how close their colors are, but API is actually easier to read then seachem.
i've asked multiple people to do the color match they are all over the place, proving my point. they start with
"gheese..i can't really tell" and progress to just guessing.

it is more expensive then API

they only upside is less shaking tubes and reagents, but you still have to wait 5-8 mins per directions.

i SERIOUSLY was expecting more.

Jack L
11-01-2015, 09:27 PM
okay this stuff if epic waste of time/money

i though API was bad for how close their colors are, but API is actually easier to read then seachem.
i've asked multiple people to do the color match they are all over the place, proving my point. they start with
"gheese..i can't really tell" and progress to just guessing.

it is more expensive then API

they only upside is less shaking tubes and reagents, but you still have to wait 5-8 mins per directions.

i SERIOUSLY was expecting more.

well, after using it more, i prefer seachem. it is very nice to see multiple tests at same time, and it does do Nitrite FAST and then you can do nitrate with same solution.

FishFanMan
11-01-2015, 10:15 PM
If you do large WCs everyday or every other day, you don't need to waste your money or time testing.

DJW
11-01-2015, 10:16 PM
I know, the 10ppm and 20ppm colors on the API card are identical to me.

If you dilute some tank water to 1/4th with nitrate-free water and test that, you can better distinguish whether it was closer to 10 or 20.

Jack L
11-01-2015, 10:19 PM
If you do large WCs everyday or every other day, you don't need to waste your money or time testing.

i like data....

testing let me know that my tap water became higher in nitrate then my tank was.....