PDA

View Full Version : Best way to treat sick discus with simple step.

LoveDiscusfish
09-15-2015, 02:40 PM
First change your water , then raise to heater to 83 degree then not feeding your fish three day and using melafix medicine put as direction show. Best if u use uv light then your fish get less sick. If you feed your fish frozen blood worm they will get sick from there.

John_Nicholson
09-15-2015, 02:44 PM
What in the hell are you trying to say? First calling melafix a medicine is kind of a reach. It is basically snake oil. Since most keep their discus at 82 degrees raising the temp a single degree is meaningless. Also most change their water daily. I guess it is always 5:00 somewhere.....

-john

rickztahone
09-15-2015, 02:51 PM
First change your water , then raise to heater to 83 degree then not feeding your fish three day and using melafix medicine put as direction show. Best if u use uv light then your fish get less sick. If you feed your fish frozen blood worm they will get sick from there.

I'm sorry but this thread seems out of context a bit? Were you trying to give others advice here or were you trying to get advice?

Lighthouse7
09-15-2015, 03:04 PM
John you have a lot of discus tried and true knowledge some like knikii pham neefs you and all the great people Of SD to guide them (gently) to and thru to a good solid discus experience - Lighthouse

jmf3460
09-15-2015, 03:22 PM
advice from someone who joined this month, calling melafix a medication has shown your knowledge. Perhaps come into this forum a little more modest and humble than to let your first post be advice to everyone else.

Rudustin
09-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Nikkipham, Where do you live(country?)? I would suggest since you just registered on this forum that you have entered this forum on the wrong foot as we say! This forum has very experienced and well know discus hobbyists, breeders and importers of discus. Regardless of your experience or lack thereof it would be best to identify yourself and why you would make this bold statement without regard to the members of this forum and for what purpose are you ready to suggest how to take care of discus and how to treat them with a agent without regard to reading the incredibly large volume of information on SD? I think you need to slow down and be careful what you write and the purpose of such writing. I would normally like to welcome new members but there is a polite way in which to enter. Rufus

Jack L
09-18-2015, 09:22 PM
troll alert......

Driftwood Mike
09-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Have to agree with Rufus, joined the forum and started my discus journey 1 year ago, have spent that time changing lots of water and doing lots of reading. It's because of all of the knowledgeable members here that I have managed to not kill any of my fish and more amazingly not even get them sick. Thank you for all your experience shared. I think I may have only offered some advice on a couple of issues and certainly none relating to sick fish. I am not qualified to do so and will leave that to the pros. I keep hoping to just continue to gain knowledge and not have to actually try to use it. Thank you to all for keeping it real and a thank you to John, especially, for making me smile!