PDA

View Full Version : Wattley cobalt x blue diamond

Eddie
09-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Well I finally have a crew of my own. These cost me an arm and a leg and an ear and all my toes but I'm just happy to finally have fish again. The price we pay for happiness, lol. I'm looking forward to growing these guys out. I paid for 7 and the breeder gave me 10 so I was pretty content. It was a tough decision between blues or wild F types and I couldn't pass up my blues. What can I say...I'm a sucker for blues.

Sorry about the poor quality photos. These are phone pix.

Second Hand Pat
09-19-2015, 08:30 AM
Very nice Eddie. I see you are making good use of that 75 :D:D
Pat

Eddie
09-19-2015, 08:32 AM
Very nice Eddie. I see you are making good use of that 75 :D:D
Pat

Indeed Pat...indeed. It's quite the tank for these guys. :)

pavlos
09-19-2015, 08:54 AM
Wonderful fishes Eddie... One of my favs... Especially those with the red eye are stunning! I wish you the best for the growing of these guys :D

Eddie
09-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Wonderful fishes Eddie... One of my favs... Especially those with the red eye are stunning! I wish you the best for the growing of these guys :D

Thanks Paul. Hopefully I can get them as big as the breeder's. He had some insanely huge fish.

Best

MKD
09-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Wow Eddie! !! I dont think, i can pass on that deal and beautiful discus. Thats awesome and great to see your feet wet again.

Eddie
09-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Thanks Tony. Definitely not a deal to pass on. I'm pretty excited about having the discus bug again.

MKD
09-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Hard to get rip of that discus bug and it may spread out more tanks and more tanks. Are you planning to breed them or you will be called for duty and move somewhere again?

Eddie
09-19-2015, 09:37 AM
Hard to get rip of that discus bug and it may spread out more tanks and more tanks. Are you planning to breed them or you will be called for duty and move somewhere again?

I'm here for at least 3 years, possibly 4. Breeding...that's a long way away. :)

Kirbs
09-19-2015, 09:37 AM
Such a nice looking group! Good luck with them!

Eddie
09-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Such a nice looking group! Good luck with them!

Thank you. I've got some pretty high pH which settles after aging so it should be okay. We shall see. :)

mlov1022
09-20-2015, 09:09 PM
Nice to see you back Eddie! Nice batch you got there. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with them.

Discus-n00b
09-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Woo hoo! They look great Eddie!

Eddie
09-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Nice to see you back Eddie! Nice batch you got there. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with them.
Thanks. I'm excited.

Woo hoo! They look great Eddie!

Thanks brotha! There are a few lookers in the group.

rickztahone
09-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Congrats on getting a nice group Eddie. Once that discus bug hits, it never lets you go. I know from experience ;)

A very lovely cross, and I wish you luck with them. Are you going with your famous seafood mix? What is your water change setup like? How big are they?

Eddie
09-21-2015, 05:57 PM
Congrats on getting a nice group Eddie. Once that discus bug hits, it never lets you go. I know from experience ;)

A very lovely cross, and I wish you luck with them. Are you going with your famous seafood mix? What is your water change setup like? How big are they?

Thanks brotha. I have 10 in a 75. My water changes are minimal right now. I'm only cleaning up waste from the bottom and replacing about 10% of the water daily. I'm currently only feeding the breeder's mix and frozen bloodworms until my grinder arrives. I'm also waiting for a shipment of FDBWs from AL and I'm also waiting for some good flake from AngelsPlus. The fish are about 3-3.5" in length at moment.

Eddie

rickztahone
09-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Thanks brotha. I have 10 in a 75. My water changes are minimal right now. I'm only cleaning up waste from the bottom and replacing about 10% of the water daily. I'm currently only feeding the breeder's mix and frozen bloodworms until my grinder arrives. I'm also waiting for a shipment of FDBWs from AL and I'm also waiting for some good flake from AngelsPlus. The fish are about 3-3.5" in length at moment.

Eddie

Very nice. Again, glad to see you back at 'em :)

Disgirl
09-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Hi Eddie, must be great to have discus again after that long dry spell. I know you will grow them big and beautiful!
Barb

Eddie
09-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Very nice. Again, glad to see you back at 'em :)

Thanks man!

Hi Eddie, must be great to have discus again after that long dry spell. I know you will grow them big and beautiful!
Barb

For sure Barb! It's great! Hopefully I'll get them all grown so they can use your cones one day. Hope all is well.

Eddie

Eddie
09-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Here's a few pix with the flash.

Altum Nut
09-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Great looking group of Discus Eddie and happy to see your back in action. These guys seem to carry that patented Wattley green/blue sheen we no longer see much these days.

...Ralph

Eddie
09-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Thanks Ralph. Yeah, the breeder had some killer blues. I wasn't in the market for spending $400 each fish though. He also had a nice type of wild spotted F types that he's been breeding a while. Those were upward of $500 each. Lol

John_Nicholson
09-21-2015, 10:50 PM
Very nice Buddy.

-john

Eddie
09-21-2015, 11:14 PM
Very nice Buddy.

-john
Thanks John. Hope all is good my friend.

Eddie

Altum Nut
09-21-2015, 11:29 PM
i wasn't in the market for spending $400 each fish though. He also had a nice type of wild spotted f types that he's been breeding a while. Those were upward of $500 each. Lol

wow $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

...Ralph

CrazyAngels
09-25-2015, 03:57 PM
That is one awesome looking crew Eddie, congrats..

Eddie
09-27-2015, 04:11 AM
Thanks Jorge!

Driftwood Mike
09-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Amazing group! As a newcomer it's nice to have someone with your experience to learn from. If I may? There was another member who posted pictures of a Wattley x Cobalt cross, also very beautiful. I believe he said they also were from Japan from a breeder named Sadaaki Hachiya? Are your group from his as well?

Eddie
09-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Amazing group! As a newcomer it's nice to have someone with your experience to learn from. If I may? There was another member who posted pictures of a Wattley x Cobalt cross, also very beautiful. I believe he said they also were from Japan from a breeder named Sadaaki Hachiya? Are your group from his as well?

That is exactly who I got them from. Do you know who the other member is? That would be cool if that person was near my location.

Second Hand Pat
09-28-2015, 08:41 AM
That is exactly who I got them from. Do you know who the other member is? That would be cool if that person was near my location.

Eddie, I think that member is mee http://forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?31540-mee. His thread http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?108715-Jack-Watley-Hi-Fin-Coerulea-X-German-Colbalt&highlight=.
Pat

Eddie
09-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks Pat! I was searching through the forum last night and saw that thread. Those are definitely the same fish. What a coincidence. :)

Eddie, I think that member is mee http://forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?31540-mee. His thread http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?108715-Jack-Watley-Hi-Fin-Coerulea-X-German-Colbalt&highlight=.
Pat

mee
10-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Hey Eddie, I had to hunt down your thread and have a look at your Watley's. Very very nice. I could be wrong but I think there is a slight difference in our fish. I know Sadaki has at least 3 or 4 active strains based on Watley. If he said Watley X blue Diamond, I think it may be a slightly different strain. If I can go visit him soon (way overdue) I will ask him. Either way awesome strain!, and at that size I am sure they were a bit pricey. Also I think the spotted strain you are talking about are maybe his LSS 46? I have 2 of these, and one that is a cross with a LSS X. The 2 lss46 were literally bottom of the barrel (last two of the spawn) so I got a pretty good discount. They are slow growers, I assumed from a year of less than perfect maintenance from me, but maybe it is just the strain.. You know the full sized adults, (maybe he sold them) are actually sometimes much more than 500. But maybe he likes you more than me and is giving you a very good price ;)

Anyways, very cool to see someone else with Sadaki's fish !!!

Eddie
10-05-2015, 04:15 AM
Yeah, he has several blue variations. These could be different but I have 2 different type of Blues. The smaller ones are more like yours. The two larger cobalts were more expensive. He's got some really expensive/quality fish. I was on the fence about the blues or the 46 type. It was a really tough call.

Eddie
10-05-2015, 08:45 AM
It's been a little less than 2 weeks. All is good in the hood. Eating FDBWs, beefheart flake from AngelsPlus and the breeder's shrimp mix. I'm still waiting for my household goods to arrive this Friday. Then my mix will get into the regimen.

mee
10-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Mine are dubbed Watley HFSB by Sadaki, and he says they are 75-80% Watley Courelea (doubt I spelt that right) and 20-25% German Cobalt. I don't have the best memory, but I had scribbled down "shmidt focke" during one of my visits where I tried to get as much info as possible. I do believe he may have two different cobalt strains he mixed with Watley's to make it more confusing, but your larger 2 may be the same as mine. They are definitely pricey, and he has one very large male in a dark tank right of the front door, with a equally impressive female.

You are right about the lss46 being a tough call. I only got mine because they were reasonable size, and because one had a half missing ray and I suspect both were runts, and not the best color, the total for both was something like $150. At the time he had very large adults lss46 he was trying to sell for 2K each! That is why I am very curious about the ones you saw for $500. I cannot afford $500 fish let alone 2K fish anyways, but it would be interesting if he dropped some prices. He usually cuts me a deal if I buy more than 6 fish, and I never walk away with buyers remorse with his fish. I really want to get about 4-6 lss46 from a fresh brood, as that is the only way I could usually afford them. I have never seen him selling quarters, just 50cent piece sized. I suspect both of mine are females, so it would be nice to grow out at least one big male, or maybe 4, and then sell 2 or 3 for a tidy profit =)

mee
10-05-2015, 09:14 AM
assuming the one center stage is one of the bigger cobalts, it looks nearly identical to one of my large males, though mine tend to have a little more pattern on the upper half of the body.. but then again his large male is pretty much solid blue, so there is some variation. it's funny though, cause I am looking at your pic, and then over to the tank with my large male, and back at your pic, and the color is pretty much identical at the moment.

P.S. is AngelsPlus a local distributor?

Eddie
10-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Yeah, just chatted with Sadaaki. He said mine have genes from Wattley X German cobalt and Blue Diamond.

AngelsPlus is an online company which is one of my sources for supplies, meds and foods.

pastry
10-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Eddie, how much longer until you hit the 20 mark? Also, how's the discus selection in Japan? Always here about Thailand, S. Vietnam, Philippines, but not so much Japan.

Eddie
10-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Eddie, how much longer until you hit the 20 mark? Also, how's the discus selection in Japan? Always here about Thailand, S. Vietnam, Philippines, but not so much Japan.

I'll hit 20 this coming June. I'll be in 22 years and 2 months as of right now. If I ever get promoted, I might stay in longer. We are enjoying Japan and we wouldn't mind staying overseas.

Discus here in Japan are amazing. I don't think the exporting is as big but the quality of fish is phenomenal. My source now has original vintage strains that he's been working with for over 25 years. There are several really good local breeders that deal with only wild types as well. I'd like to get some later on down the road.

mee
10-07-2015, 08:57 AM
I will second that. Amazing fish here. Even some of the bigger more family oriented shops have nice wilds at times. There are also strains imported from nearbye countries like thailand, china, malaysia, vietnam, etc.. One of the nicest and most elaborate pages of discus I found in Japan was a local breeder who was mixing and matching wild and non wild strains while documenting very well what came from what with photo's. I contacted him about a few strains, but he does not sell any of them. Just about made me cry as some of those fish would undoubtedly rock the discus world. Lots of Halo's Lot's of heckel like stripes, lots of color. If I can dig up the link I will post it, but I suspect it is lost to an old system I cleared.

Eddie
10-08-2015, 11:18 AM
A little FDBW action during their water change.

jmf3460
10-08-2015, 12:26 PM
beautiful fish, the greenish blue sheen they have is quite different and beautiful. these will most certainly turn out perfect in your care.

Eddie
10-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Thanks Jacklyn. I'm excited about these. I've always wanted some really nice vintage blues. A tank full of them full grown will be quite a sight.

jawfish
10-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Hey Eddie, These guys are looking good, I mean really good ;)
Looking forward to see these guys grow

Cheers,
Fred

Eddie
10-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Thanks Fred. I appreciate it.

Eddie

Eddie
10-19-2015, 09:06 AM
It's been a month. Growth is steady, nothing crazy. They get FDBWs and a flake supplement.

rickztahone
10-19-2015, 02:24 PM
I definitely notice a difference. Got any FTS?

Eddie
10-19-2015, 03:53 PM

FTS? Lol

rickztahone
10-19-2015, 04:25 PM
FTS? Lol

How long you've been doing this Eddie? lol

FTS= Full Tank Shot

Eddie
10-19-2015, 05:58 PM
How long you've been doing this Eddie? lol

FTS= Full Tank Shot

Oh dang...stumped me on that one. Lol

I'll come up with one. It's bare...just fish. Lol

rickztahone
10-19-2015, 06:22 PM

well now, so is mine! :)

Second Hand Pat
10-19-2015, 08:28 PM
These guys are totally gorgeous Eddie and will really be something as adults. :D:D
Pat

Eddie
10-20-2015, 11:24 AM
These guys are totally gorgeous Eddie and will really be something as adults. :D:D
Pat

Thanks Pat. Growth is slow. I'm only feeding them 3 times a day and they were off to a slow start until I got Al's FDBWs. I hope to get a batch of mix made this weekend so that should help improve growth rate.

Eddie
10-23-2015, 09:52 AM

Here you go man. It's a used 75 gallon Oceanic. The glass seems slightly tinted. It was manufactured in 1999, according to the sticker.

jmf3460
10-23-2015, 09:54 AM
ive got the same exact tank, cept mine says 1995. mine is not in near as good of shape as yours.

Eddie
10-23-2015, 10:12 AM
ive got the same exact tank, cept mine says 1995. mine is not in near as good of shape as yours.

Cool. I bought this at a Japanese tropical fish store. Tank and stand cost me an arm and a leg. The stand was in shambles. My son and I sanded it, stained it and applied a rain seal to it.

rickztahone
10-23-2015, 12:56 PM
It cost you an arm and a leg and it was in shambles? I'd hate to think what a brand spanking new tank setup would cost then

CrazyAngels
10-23-2015, 11:03 PM

Eddie I was thinking flight termination system when I read it. Sucks when my mind can't get out of working on the rockets. LOL hope you doing well, when was last time you came by the area..

Eddie
10-24-2015, 02:43 PM
It cost you an arm and a leg and it was in shambles? I'd hate to think what a brand spanking new tank setup would cost then

Dude, you are looking at about $4000 for a new 120 with stand. It's ridiculous!

Eddie I was thinking flight termination system when I read it. Sucks when my mind can't get out of working on the rockets. LOL hope you doing well, when was last time you came by the area..

Lol! I haven't been home in a while! Had to be Christmas 2013. I was in Afghanistan for a year and then we moved out to Japan just recently. We were hoping to visit this Christmas but that fell through due to some crazy regulations with Consecutive Overseas Tour leave. We should be home for spring break for sure.

Kal-El
10-24-2015, 03:59 PM
These are very nice Eddie. Very clean setup.

CrazyAngels
10-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Lol! I haven't been home in a while! Had to be Christmas 2013. I was in Afghanistan for a year and then we moved out to Japan just recently. We were hoping to visit this Christmas but that fell through due to some crazy regulations with Consecutive Overseas Tour leave. We should be home for spring break for sure.

Let me know when you do make it back to the States, maybe we can finally meet up.. So keep me posted.

Eddie
10-25-2015, 07:42 AM
These are very nice Eddie. Very clean setup.

Thank you

Let me know when you do make it back to the States, maybe we can finally meet up.. So keep me posted.

For sure Jorge. Would be great!

Driftwood Mike
10-25-2015, 08:04 AM
Love the pictures and following the progress, a great group that gets better and better! Nothing better than seeing an old strain being used to create something new. Great job restoring the tank, especially love the background, you are spot on to something very special.

Eddie
10-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Love the pictures and following the progress, a great group that gets better and better! Nothing better than seeing an old strain being used to create something new. Great job restoring the tank, especially love the background, you are spot on to something very special.

Thanks Mike

mee
10-26-2015, 07:04 AM
Eddie, they look really good。 I actually think this may be a third strain of watley's I suddenly remembered seeing last time I was in, very nice full cover on some of those! I thought I was keeping up with your thread, but somehow missed two pages of posts!!

Btw, if you need equipment, there is a fairly big shop near me that has the best prices on used tanks around. I have a 70ish gallon acrylic I bought for 4000yen, and non of my tanks from them cost more than that. Stands roll through too. They actually have a stand for my 70 right now, but they stopped doing delivery awhile back and I don't drive. My 70 sits on one of those short sturdy tv stand hanging over the edges.. but it is acrylic. Only problem is my little one is now tall enough to put his fingers in the water. They also have allot of used canister filters from between 500 yen and 2000 yen. I have 2 eheims, and a brandnew/used kotobuki I bought there. The Kotobuki was 800 yen I believe with brand new filter media. Seriously a used tank hunters dream shop. Glass is especially cheap. I try to buy acrylic only, but have collected a few smaller glass tanks and one 40 gallon leglass cube type (pretty, but always worried my son is gonna toss something hard at it one of these days). BTW, where did you get the ebo jaeger heater? Online or locally?

Eddie
10-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Eddie, they look really good。 I actually think this may be a third strain of watley's I suddenly remembered seeing last time I was in, very nice full cover on some of those! I thought I was keeping up with your thread, but somehow missed two pages of posts!!

Btw, if you need equipment, there is a fairly big shop near me that has the best prices on used tanks around. I have a 70ish gallon acrylic I bought for 4000yen, and non of my tanks from them cost more than that. Stands roll through too. They actually have a stand for my 70 right now, but they stopped doing delivery awhile back and I don't drive. My 70 sits on one of those short sturdy tv stand hanging over the edges.. but it is acrylic. Only problem is my little one is now tall enough to put his fingers in the water. They also have allot of used canister filters from between 500 yen and 2000 yen. I have 2 eheims, and a brandnew/used kotobuki I bought there. The Kotobuki was 800 yen I believe with brand new filter media. Seriously a used tank hunters dream shop. Glass is especially cheap. I try to buy acrylic only, but have collected a few smaller glass tanks and one 40 gallon leglass cube type (pretty, but always worried my son is gonna toss something hard at it one of these days). BTW, where did you get the ebo jaeger heater? Online or locally?

Awesome! Yeah, I'd love to check out that store! I need some growout tanks for the future.

I ordered all my Jagers online and I've had some from over the years.

mee
10-26-2015, 04:11 PM
Awesome! Yeah, I'd love to check out that store! I need some growout tanks for the future.

I ordered all my Jagers online and I've had some from over the years.

If it is glass and under 30 gallons it is dirt cheap. I have two 15 gallon tanks (one leglass) and they were each under 1000 yen.

I bought an ebo jaeger for a school I worked at in Yokohama from kensfish, and always regretted not getting more. I had a kotobuki flip
out and kill all my first discus except my Flora heckel which was in another tank. Though all my other heaters from Japan haven't let me
down yet, they just run so hot while they are on. Kotobuki actually paid me a surprising amount for the lost fish and it went towards
getting fish from Sadaki. I am never happy about losing fish, but I do see the silver lining, in that in losing some nice fish, I ended up
with some amazing fish.

Eddie
11-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Sorry guys, been super busy with work and studying for my upcoming promotion exam. Anyways, just a quick update. Fish are doing fantastic. The pair that I bought were fighting to the death so I mixed them with my youngins and one of my biggest youngins ended up taking a liking to the male. Anyways, here's a few pictures of the crew after 2 months. They've grown pretty well.

The group

The suspected pair. My youngin is the fish on the right.

Second Hand Pat
11-19-2015, 08:44 AM
They look fantistic Eddie, nice job with these guys. Do you think if the "pair" end up confirmed you will raise any babies?
Pat

Eddie
11-19-2015, 09:13 AM
They look fantistic Eddie, nice job with these guys. Do you think if the "pair" end up confirmed you will raise any babies?
Pat

For sure Pat. The young fish is actually quite young though. I think it will be quite a while before any magic happens. The only reason these 2 are together is because my young fish happens to be large enough to fight the male so they can withstand each other, so far anyways. Lol

rickztahone
11-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Looking great Eddie. Keep 'em coming

Driftwood Mike
11-19-2015, 10:45 PM
Wow, they look awesome! Best of luck with the upcoming exam.

mee
12-10-2015, 08:07 AM
Looking great Eddie! You may be pleasantly surprised, I believe mine spawned the first time around 5 or 6 months. BTW, head over to my thread, I put up a new pic ;)

John_Nicholson
12-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Very nice Eddy.

-john

rsawest@yahoo.com
12-10-2015, 01:42 PM
They are gorgeous Eddie. There is something about the classic Wattley Cobalt that is so beautiful. If I understand correctly, the only folks who have the original Wattley stock descendants are the Japanese. Do you know anything about that?

Pardal
12-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Definitely Beauties, Eddie.
Is nice to see you are back on business.
Never found out how the Royal's project back on Spain end up. I bet someone got very lucky.
I am back on the States, so hopefully I don't have to get rid of my fish any more.

Julian

Kingdom Come Discus
12-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks for sharing Eddie. Very nice Fish. Wishing you and your family happy holidays!

mee
01-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Hey Eddie, how are they doing? Hope all is well.

In case you missed it, I have 40+ 1 month old fry now from my Sadaki Watley strain =) http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?108715-Jack-Watley-Hi-Fin-Coerulea-X-German-Colbalt&p=1191266&highlight=#post1191266

Eddie
01-29-2016, 11:57 PM
Definitely Beauties, Eddie.
Is nice to see you are back on business.
Never found out how the Royal's project back on Spain end up. I bet someone got very lucky.
I am back on the States, so hopefully I don't have to get rid of my fish any more.

Julian

Thanks Julian. Great to hear about you being in the states and not having to move/get rid of your fish. Trust me, I'm in the same boat with having to give up my fish with every move. I'm not sure when I'll ever be settled in.

Thanks for sharing Eddie. Very nice Fish. Wishing you and your family happy holidays!

Thanks Kraig! I appreciate it. All the best to you my friend.

Hey Eddie, how are they doing? Hope all is well.

In case you missed it, I have 40+ 1 month old fry now from my Sadaki Watley strain =) http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?108715-Jack-Watley-Hi-Fin-Coerulea-X-German-Colbalt&p=1191266&highlight=#post1191266

Doing great. I'll post up some updated pics. I nabbed a few wilds several weeks ago to hopefully cross with mine.

I saw your thread. Outstanding job. The fry look great too!

Eddie

dghby
01-30-2016, 12:12 PM
Wow, nice looking crew Eddie..

Eddie
01-31-2016, 07:17 AM
Wow, nice looking crew Eddie..

Thanks Tom!

Here's a quick update.

One of the blues paired up with the female LFS cobalt. First spawn tonight.

mee
01-31-2016, 08:50 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the update Eddie. Maybe you mentioned, but which shop did the LFS cobalt come from, any other info on it other than Cobalt? Nice looking fish, I am sure the offspring will be great looking!

Eddie
01-31-2016, 08:59 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the update Eddie. Maybe you mentioned, but which shop did the LFS cobalt come from, any other info on it other than Cobalt? Nice looking fish, I am sure the offspring will be great looking!

Tropical Fish World off of highway 5. I nabbed a suspected pair that was trying to lay in the shop tank. There was about a dozen other cobalts in the tank. The pair ended up laying eggs a while back and they hatched but I scrapped them since it was a small batch.

mee
01-31-2016, 09:12 AM
I think I have been there. Trying to remember the station name. The cobalt almost look a bit watley to my eyes ;)

Eddie
02-01-2016, 04:36 AM
I think I have been there. Trying to remember the station name. The cobalt almost look a bit watley to my eyes ;)

They are not as round. The LFS cobalts have a very sharp face/forehead, similar to a blue Knight.

mee
02-01-2016, 06:26 AM
Agreed, Sadaki definitely takes pride in the shape of his fish, and he actually knew where a fish of mine came from based on the shape alone. The man has skills.. Just thought the cobalt may have some watley mixed in with the pattern and tones.

zchauvin
04-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Eddie, how are the fish? What kind of wilds did you manage to get a hold of?