PDA

View Full Version : Levamisole and temperature

Evansdiscus
09-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Hello all!
I recently bought a few more discus from a local importer, and I am working my way through quarantine. Due to my lack of experience, i neglected my last q-tine and it bit me.
I have read through other sources on the Internet that levamisole is a bit too potent at higher temps, so I wanted to find out what temperature people typically dose? I also have found good information here stating that typically, the dosages given by some vendors can be too rough on discus. I saw in a separate thread that 1/4 cup/100 gallons should do the trick.

Normally, I keep my discus at around 84 degrees. For the purposes of this medication, I dropped my Temp to 80 in the 125, which also needs to be treated due to my initial lack of quarantine. My pair of galaxy turqs decided the change in Temps meant that it was time to finally lay some eggs.
How would you guys handle the situation? Is the temperature drop really necessary with the proper dosage listed on here? Should I use a bit higher dosage in the 125 planted tank? Should I let my pair rest after laying all those eggs before treating them?

Thanks in advance for all of the advice! This forum is amazing in terms of the knowledge shared.

Evan

Ardan
09-22-2015, 06:04 AM
I keep the temp at 82F even when using levamisole.

hth
Ardan

Moon
09-22-2015, 12:20 PM
I've used it many times at temp 82-84 with no issues.

Evansdiscus
09-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys! Appreciate the input!