PDA

View Full Version : NADA question

GivensOU
10-29-2015, 09:24 AM
My father and I will be heading to NADA this July. We're planning on buying a lot discus while attending NADA. We saw on the webpage there will be an auction on Sunday. I assume that's where they auction off discus? Will they also be auction off equipment? If so, what kind of equipment? This will help us, too know if we need to bring a car or truck LOL.

Also, my wife and mother will also becoming with us to Chicago. While they like discus, I don't see them attending any of the speakers/event. Will they still need a ticket to go into the vendor section? They like help picking out discus for us too buy.

Also, what is the dinner and breakfast event I see on the page?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first time attending a NADA event.

Thanks,
Tim

Skip
10-29-2015, 09:48 AM
in Nada Austin, 2014.. we SOLD all the equipment we could.. tanks.. hoods.. filters.. 2x4 stands.. everything (later, someone bought up the rest of leftovers).. discus will start to be sold.. as soon as they are pulled out of the bags!! LOL.. and private sales will happen thru the entire event.. whatever is not sold by Sunday morning.. is what goes in auction..
Chicago discus had 2 large display tanks brought for the show.. that were sold off.. 100+ gallons with stands and hoods.. Super sweet setups! plus vendors will there there selling products also..

just be proactive and bring a truck! :)

nc0gnet0
10-29-2015, 10:36 AM
My father and I will be heading to NADA this July. We're planning on buying a lot discus while attending NADA. We saw on the webpage there will be an auction on Sunday. I assume that's where they auction off discus? Will they also be auction off equipment? If so, what kind of equipment? This will help us, too know if we need to bring a car or truck LOL.

Also, my wife and mother will also becoming with us to Chicago. While they like discus, I don't see them attending any of the speakers/event. Will they still need a ticket to go into the vendor section? They like help picking out discus for us too buy.

Also, what is the dinner and breakfast event I see on the page?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first time attending a NADA event.

Thanks,
Tim

Just to clarify, the NADA show is in July, 2016. NADA however will have a booth at the "Aquatic Experience" show next weekend. This is not a NADA event. Our booth will be informational in nature, however, we will be "raffling" of 10 assorted discus from Hans, on that Sunday. More info on that here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?121641-NADA-Greater-Chicagoland-Raffle-Pickup-Only

As to any auction they might have at this show I do not know.

Now, as for our show, we do sometimes auction off fish at the end of the show, However, in some cases, like last year, the fish are all sold prior to the raffle and no auction is necessary. To take part in these sales, getting to the show early is recommended, and finding out which show fish you like and who's fish it is to negotiate a price (remember these are top of the line fish).

Also, like skip said, there is most often a few vendors that offer non-show fish for sale at the show as well.

As for tanks and equipment, these are sold prior to and during the show, with pickup expected right after the show.

hth
Rick

GivensOU
10-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Yea, I'm talking about the one in July 2016. I would of loved to make it to the aquatic experience, but I just found out about this week, can't make it in that short of time. I wish they would allow shipping I would buy some raffle tickets.

Willie
11-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Read the comments carefully. They're telling you gently that discus that show up at NADA are snapped up almost immediately. Fish that are shipped in to enter the competition are purchased as soon as they get put into the tank. Be prepared to pay at least $200 per fish, a lot more for the winners.

Alternatively, you may pre-order with some of the importers and they can bring fish with them to the show. You won't be able to see the fish beforehand, but our sponsors have solid reputations for high quality discus.

Willie

John_Nicholson
11-01-2015, 09:38 PM
There will be plenty of fish for sale. In Austin there was not an auction because all of the fish were sold prior. The best thing to do is to talk to everyone early in the show and buy yhr fish you want that way.

-john

Skip
11-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Exactly. U see a fishu like.. U better start wheeling and dealing.