PDA

View Full Version : NADA is working on a t-shirt

yogi
10-31-2015, 04:34 PM
I just want to let you all know NADA is working on creating a t-shirt. This shirt pictured in this thread is just a test shirt and the picture is not the best quality.
It was taken with a lower end cell phone camera. This thread will be updated when we have more information on the shirts. We are open to any suggestions or comments.

Jack L
11-01-2015, 11:34 AM
that is a blue truq right? how did you land on that as the vs one of the wild strains?

John_Nicholson
11-01-2015, 11:58 AM
That is one of the old logos. Blue fish are fairly standard. Also They have caught those in the wild. They normally go to places like japen where they sell for $500+ per fish. Here in the states we are not normally willing to pay the price for the high end wild fish.

-john

jawfish
11-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Bring it on Jerry...

I actually like that logo :-)

Fred

XAnhLe
11-01-2015, 02:52 PM
I love the design! Would look even better in a black t-shirt :)

Altum Nut
11-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Bring it on Jerry...

I actually like that logo :-)

Fred

I second the liking of that logo Jerry....as for T-colors, the outside lettering will get lost on a black T.
There is always a price factor for changes...

...Ralph

XAnhLe
11-01-2015, 06:04 PM
I just think white t shirts are way too common and it does get a little boring. certain designs pop out a lot better in a black tee. We don't even need the black border on a black t shirt :)

This is my favorite discus T shirt now that I wear a lot:

http://i.imgur.com/A8LW6XEl.jpg

I just love how the discus and the words pop out of a black background.

Willie
11-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Black is slimming.

Jack L
11-01-2015, 10:27 PM
That is one of the old logos. Blue fish are fairly standard. Also They have caught those in the wild. They normally go to places like japen where they sell for $500+ per fish. Here in the states we are not normally willing to pay the price for the high end wild fish.

-john

are ornamental fish a bigger thing(for lack of a better word) in Japan?

John_Nicholson
11-01-2015, 10:31 PM
From what I hear I would say yes. They will spend a lot more money on them thaen "we" will.

-john

Jack L
11-01-2015, 10:46 PM
From what I hear I would say yes. They will spend a lot more money on them thaen "we" will.

-john

i was in chinatown in NYC, went into some corner fish store, they had some seriously ugly goldfish for like $300-$1000 bucks, i thought the the prices were not in $ at first. but there were. so $500 for Ds is believable.

yogi
11-01-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm going to try and make this short. Several weeks ago a new NADA member asked if we have any NADA t-shirts. I told him the only time we have t-shirts is when we do a show. But I did post the idea on the NADA forum and several people said they were interested. Last week I had to send some information to Keith who is leading the NADA booth at Aquatic Experience. One of the handouts had the old NADA logo on it and I thought it would look great on a shirt.

I contacted Toni strawberryblond but it turned out we had no old files of the old logo large enough to make a shirt. So Toni recreated the old logo. The old logo had a blue turk on it, but I don't have a blue turk so I sent her a picture of a brilliant blue which came from Kenny' April shipment. I didn't buy it from Kenny but Russ did. Russ likes to keep all male discus and have no breeding. It's turns out this fish was a female and went into a 90 gallon tank with 7 adult males and all hell broke loose. Russ contacted me and I bought it off of him.

I thought the old logo was understated enough to look great on a shirt and not stand out loud. That picture was taken on Wednesday, Toni recreated the logo and I ordered it on Thursday. It arrived in my mail box on Saturday. It actually looks better on than it does laying flat so I took a picture in the mirror wearing it.

Also someone mentioned why not a wild. Well she likes wilds and you will see from the picture I took today of her and her mate with eggs.

Second Hand Pat
11-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Jerry, at first I thought you meant Toni likes wilds lol. :)
Pat

nc0gnet0
11-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Jerry, at first I thought you meant Toni likes wilds lol. :)
Pat

She has told me a few stories...........

Jack L
11-02-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm going to try and make this short. Several weeks ago a new NADA member asked if we have any NADA t-shirts. I told him the only time we have t-shirts is when we do a show. But I did post the idea on the NADA forum and several people said they were interested. Last week I had to send some information to Keith who is leading the NADA booth at Aquatic Experience. One of the handouts had the old NADA logo on it and I thought it would look great on a shirt.

I contacted Toni strawberryblond but it turned out we had no old files of the old logo large enough to make a shirt. So Toni recreated the old logo. The old logo had a blue turk on it, but I don't have a blue turk so I sent her a picture of a brilliant blue which came from Kenny' April shipment. I didn't buy it from Kenny but Russ did. Russ likes to keep all male discus and have no breeding. It's turns out this fish was a female and went into a 90 gallon tank with 7 adult males and all hell broke loose. Russ contacted me and I bought it off of him.

I thought the old logo was understated enough to look great on a shirt and not stand out loud. That picture was taken on Wednesday, Toni recreated the logo and I ordered it on Thursday. It arrived in my mail box on Saturday. It actually looks better on than it does laying flat so I took a picture in the mirror wearing it.

Also someone mentioned why not a wild. Well she likes wilds and you will see from the picture I took today of her and her mate with eggs.

its a nice looking blue, i didn't realize that was your fish, thought it was clip art!
i just wondered why not a wild. and yes nice one in the tank : )

Willie
11-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Wow, is that Kim Kardashian doing a selfie with a NADA shirt?