PDA

View Full Version : adding a table to a post

Jack L
11-01-2015, 10:16 PM
hi, i added a table, i used the icon, but that just put in the HTML tags, is there a WYSIWYG editor i am missing?

thanks

Second Hand Pat
11-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Jack, which icon did you use? You can build a table in a post but it is a PITA. Are you trying to build a table like in the first post of this thread http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?104050-SimplyDiscus-Premium-Memberships?
Pat

Jack L
11-01-2015, 10:33 PM
yeah, exactly, i did it. i know HTML, but just forgot how to use it.

i tried using word and saving as html, but that put tons of crap inline and it didn't render. if i do another, i might have to find some freeware that does basic HTML.

Jack L
11-01-2015, 10:34 PM
first icon last row "table" on mouseover

Second Hand Pat
11-01-2015, 10:43 PM
hi, i added a table, i used the icon, but that just put in the HTML tags, is there a WYSIWYG editor i am missing?

thanks

Jack, click on "Go Advanced" first row, left most icon.
Pat

Jack L
11-01-2015, 11:09 PM
ah thanks, that is much better.

is there a way to make that the default mode, i looked under profile, didn't see anything.

Second Hand Pat
11-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Not that I know of.
Pat

Ryan
11-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Settings (top right of the page) -> General Settings -> scroll down to Miscellaneous Options / Message Editor Interface, select Advanced (Full WYSIWYG), then scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.

Most forums do not allow full HTML because it can be used for malicious purposes. It is disabled at Simply. You will have to build the table using BB code which is slightly different.

brewmaster15
11-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Settings (top right of the page) -> General Settings -> scroll down to Miscellaneous Options / Message Editor Interface, select Advanced (Full WYSIWYG), then scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.

Most forums do not allow full HTML because it can be used for malicious purposes. It is disabled at Simply. You will have to build the table using BB code which is slightly different. Thank you Ryan!:)

Jack L
11-02-2015, 10:23 PM

Most forums do not allow full HTML because it can be used for malicious purposes. It is disabled at Simply. You will have to build the table using BB code which is slightly different.

thanks, i didn't realize all the setting were down the left, i thought that setting link went to home page