PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know Of A Good, General Medication?

samcatj
11-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Hello All-

Some of my fish are eating well but seem very thin to me. Is there a good, general medication that would be good for this type of condition?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Samcat

John_Nicholson
11-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Since more discus are kill with meds than anything else I would not treat unless you have a confirmed issue. In terms of the fish meds are not free. They all have side effects. The fish has to process the meds and this is not always good. You add on top of that the cost to society as a whole of the misuse of meds and you might want to reconsider treating them.

-john

Second Hand Pat
11-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Hi Samcat,

I could not say there is a good general medication for thin discus. It would depend on why the discus are thin. Are the ones in question being picked on by other discus? Are they not eating? Are they eating well but still getting thin? A bit more information is needed here. For example how many discus are there, their sizes and how large is the tank. Is the tank BB or have a substrate (perhaps with plants)? What is their diet. What is your water change schedule?

Pat

samcatj
11-02-2015, 10:54 AM
The discus in question are not getting picked on and are eating very well. Their diet consists of BW, brine shrimp and pellet food. The tank is 125g, gravel bottom, two large pieces of drift wood and contains 8 medium to large fish. I usually do 75% water
changes 1-2 times a week.

Thanks for your help.