PDA

View Full Version : Awesome planters

dghby
11-04-2015, 11:16 AM
WOW, turn around on getting these from the time I finalized the order was 2 weeks. wasn't expecting that kind of response seeing that each piece is unique.

Shipping was awesome and everything was in great shape. thanks Barb, a great product and your service is above and beyond.
can't wait to get this tank up and running as these will look really nice with plants in them.

Second Hand Pat
11-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Wow, those are nice. :) I love Barb's handmade items.
Pat

Disgirl
11-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Glad to see they arrived and you like them Tom. I will look forward to seeing them full of plants one of these days. Remember, you can use soil, gravel or sand or a combo of them. Put some filter floss over the holes, and you can add plant food sticks or granules into the mix. Plants will love them! And thanks Pat, you have some of my most popular pieces.
Barb

Lighthouse7
11-04-2015, 05:39 PM
How much we're those? And delivery?

Disgirl
11-04-2015, 06:37 PM
The round ones, $10 ea. about 5" x 5". The triangular one is $20, about 10" x 3" high. They were $25 for shipping and handling, via FedEx. I use lots of bubble wrap.
Barb

rickztahone
11-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Very nice Barb. Always love seeing your work.

dghby
11-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Glad to see they arrived and you like them Tom. I will look forward to seeing them full of plants one of these days. Remember, you can use soil, gravel or sand or a combo of them. Put some filter floss over the holes, and you can add plant food sticks or granules into the mix. Plants will love them! And thanks Pat, you have some of my most popular pieces.
Barb
thanks for the tips Barb, will definitely use some of those ideas. my thoughts was to use a bit of soil with sand over top of it. I have some sand in one of my 75's, so that will help in assisting the cycle in the 165.
I am assuming you use a thin filter floss?? and can you tell me what type of food sticks you use?

again, really like how they turned out.

dghby
11-05-2015, 04:41 PM
I use lots of bubble wrap.
Barb
the packaging was amazing, fedex could have probably played kick ball with the box. :p

Disgirl
11-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Thanks Ricardo, and thanks again Tom. Yes, filter floss, quilt batting or even a thin slice of a sponge filter. I use either Miracle Gro or Jobes plant sticks, pushed into the soil, about every couple months. Depends on the size and type of plants. I do use a whole lot of bubble wrap.
Barb

rickztahone
11-06-2015, 09:03 PM
Thanks Ricardo, and thanks again Tom. Yes, filter floss, quilt batting or even a thin slice of a sponge filter. I use either Miracle Gro or Jobes plant sticks, pushed into the soil, about every couple months. Depends on the size and type of plants. I do use a whole lot of bubble wrap.
Barb

Do they know you as the "bubble wrap lady" at the store? :)

I remember once I kept going in to Home Depot to buy carboard boxes to ship stuff. By the 5th time the lady recognized me and asked me why I didn't buy all the boxes at once, lol.