PDA

View Full Version : NADA booth at the Aquatic Experience show in Chicago

Wes
11-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Just a couple shots of the NADA booth at the Aquatic Experience show in Chicago. We are promoting NADA membership and the NADA 2016 show.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/xeriod/20151107_112522_zpsrwiracrp.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/xeriod/media/20151107_112522_zpsrwiracrp.jpg.html)

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/xeriod/20151107_095029_zpsw7qxmtot.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/xeriod/media/20151107_095029_zpsw7qxmtot.jpg.html)

Second Hand Pat
11-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Keith did a nice job on that display. :)
Pat

Mugwump
11-08-2015, 11:39 AM
..only one person manning the booth ???....I went by there several times and didn't see anyone ???....likely just bad timing tho...??..I was there all three days..

..the booth was set up real nice, good job..:D

Wes
11-08-2015, 06:04 PM
..only one person manning the booth ???....I went by there several times and didn't see anyone ???....likely just bad timing tho...??..I was there all three days..

Keith on friday
Both Keith and I on Saturday
Keith, Bill, Jeff and Craig on Sunday

Sorry we missed you.

nc0gnet0
11-08-2015, 07:05 PM
A special thanks to Keith for all the hard work he put into setting up the table and displays for NADA. This all came together at the last minute for us (less than two weeks) and was staffed by the Midwest Discus Association volunteers. Keith went above and beyond all our expectations!

-Rick

Second Hand Pat
11-08-2015, 07:18 PM
A special thanks to Keith for all the hard work he put into setting up the table and displays for NADA. This all came together at the last minute for us (less than two weeks) and was staffed by the Midwest Discus Association volunteers. Keith went above and beyond all our expectations!

-Rick

Keith did a bang up job for sure...very professional looking. :D
Pat

Larry Bugg
11-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Best table we have had yet. Good indication that they will work hard to have the best NADA Show yet!!

Bill63SG
11-08-2015, 07:47 PM
We had a pretty good turn out today,but you've got to tip your hat to Keith.Been there three days and today was the first day he got to go around and see the show.

Keith Perkins
11-08-2015, 10:05 PM

I ran to get a cup of coffee and maybe pee once on Friday, other than that I thought we had one or more persons at the booth the rest of the time. Not sure how we missed you, but sorry we didn't get to meet.

Keith Perkins
11-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Congrats to the four folks who ended up bringing home some of Hans beautiful fish from the show today, three Simply Discus members among them.

Jim Lehner (New NADA member) 4 fish
Rscott (New NADA member) 2 fish from new NADA member drawing
Bill63SG (NADA member) 2 fish
CraigJ (New NADA member) 2 fish

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments too.

yogi
11-08-2015, 11:43 PM
I also want to thank Keith for doing this to help NADA and also say thank you to everyone who helped Keith. Congratulations to all the raffle winners.

Keith Perkins
11-09-2015, 05:34 AM
I also want to thank Keith for doing this to help NADA and also say thank you to everyone who helped Keith. Congratulations to all the raffle winners.

One more person we should thank I see is missing from this thread. The man...HANS!

Ardan
11-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Great job! Wish I could have made it. It looks like the speaker list for the NADA show is really expanding!! Impressive!

Ardan

John_Nicholson
11-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Thanks to everyone that volunteered to man the booth for NADA. I can't wait until July.

-john

Skip
11-09-2015, 09:05 AM

probably using the "free drink" tickets ;)

Keith Perkins
11-09-2015, 09:30 AM

$2.75 for a cup of coffee and $5.50 for a soda, so not exactly free Skip. I could thank the guy from San Diego at the MACNA 2016 booth across the aisle for sharing his left over beer the last half hour of the show though. :) Not sure I've ever had a grapefruit beer before, Ballast Point from San Diego. It was actually pretty good stuff. Of course I probably also needed a couple at that point.

yogi
11-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Yes a thank you to Discus Hans for making this all possible. He helped NADA secure the booth and he donated 10 great discus so NADA could do a fundraising raffle.

Mugwump
11-09-2015, 11:07 AM

LOL....My wife and I were hosting the TAS booth/table, so we didn't walk around a whole lot, and timing is everything tho....;) Sorry that I missed you folks...we'll see next year for sure, we live close by...

CraigJ
11-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Hi Skip,

I know you probably meant that comment as a joke, but if you knew how hard Keith worked up to, and during the 3 day show, you probably wouldn't have made such a flippant remark.

I'd like to nominate Keith for the Simply MVP AWARD for all his hard work in promoting Discus keeping and NADA at the Aquatic Show in Chicago.

CraigJ

Skip
11-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Hi Skip,

I know you probably meant that comment as a joke, but if you knew how hard Keith worked up to, and during the 3 day show, you probably wouldn't have made such a flippant remark.

I'd like to nominate Keith for the Simply MVP AWARD for all his hard work in promoting Discus keeping and NADA at the Aquatic Show in Chicago.

CraigJ

i was part of the group that hosted NADA 2014 In austin.. i know how hard it is.. we planned for over a year.. i have know keith for a long time here.. so its ok..

ps.. Keith.. GrapeFruit Beer?!?! how delish!! i love anything.. NOT Diet Domestics..
Hope the bar at the NADA 2016 Chicago Hotel will be ready for all the NADA members attending!!!

nc0gnet0
11-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Hi Skip,

CraigJ

While all Keith's work is greatly appreciated, NADA and Simply are two different entities. Al is just kind enough to give us our (NADA) own little sub section in his forum. Now, if NADA had an MVP award of the month, Keith would win hands down this month no doubt about it!

-Rick

Skip
11-09-2015, 05:07 PM
While all Keith's work is greatly appreciated, NADA and Simply are two different entities. Al is just kind enough to give us our (NADA) own little sub section in his forum. Now, if NADA had an MVP award of the month, Keith would win hands down this month no doubt about it!

-Rick

Grape Fruit Beer for EVERYBODY!!

rickztahone
11-09-2015, 05:43 PM

-Rick

We do have an MVP award :). Al just started it this month and it just so happens that Paul is currently our MVP, but you can always submit your noms too :)

Check out this thread:
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?121705-MVP-AWARDs

Skip
11-09-2015, 05:59 PM
is there a TROPHY!? :) :) :)

rickztahone
11-09-2015, 06:09 PM
is there a TROPHY!? :) :) :)

Do you know how to make trophies?

:mods:

neontetra777
11-09-2015, 06:28 PM
I was excited to see a NADA booth at the expo. Wasn't expecting it at all. It was a shame that I couldn't enter the raffle as I had no tank to hold new fish if I won LOL.

Skip
11-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Do you know how to make trophies?

:mods:

Hmmm.... Maybe.. lol

rickztahone
11-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Hmmm.... Maybe.. lol

lol, oddly enough, I do know someone who makes trophies. He is a friend that I play fantasy football with and this year he is planning to make a most hidious trophy to the loser of the league to be displayed in the losers living room, lol.

DiscusLoverJeff
11-14-2015, 04:16 PM
Nice job everyone, especially Keith.

Kal-El
11-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Awesome Job Keith. It suck I wasn't able to help due to work... Will be there next time with a few weeks notice... ;)

Keith Perkins
11-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Nice job everyone, especially Keith.

Thanks bud, it was great having all you guys there Sunday, especially since I started getting that cold Saturday and was starting to drag. I was completely wiped by the time I got my fish back in their tanks Sunday. Ended up missing work Monday and Tuesday. Okay, maybe missing wasn't the right word to use. :) Man, I'd forgotten how bad daytime television is.

Awesome Job Keith. It suck I wasn't able to help due to work... Will be there next time with a few weeks notice... ;)

I definitely missed you Friday, setting up solo was a bit of a drag. I finally got everything the way I wanted it though 10 minutes before the doors opened. I'm counting on you for sure for the NADA show, especially now that I got your promise in writing. :D

13discus
11-14-2015, 10:35 PM
Sorry I could not help out I have been hurt and need surgery. I will be there to help out for the show.
Tim

Keith Perkins
11-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Sorry I could not help out I have been hurt and need surgery. I will be there to help out for the show.
Tim

Well that's a bummer to hear, hope it's nothing too serious. I'll be looking for you in July, if not before.