PDA

View Full Version : Giant Anubai?

GrayLadyPat
12-03-2015, 08:05 PM
I have this anubai that I bought as a relatively small plant a couple years ago. I planted it in such a way that it grew vertically. It's now a beautiful thing, but here's the problem... it's almost 18-20" tall (or long, depending on whether you see it as one long rhizome...lol) and the leaf spread is somewhere around 10-12" at the base. It almost looks like a Christmas tree in shape, with a visible upper root system that has housed many baby fishies until I got discus.

So, here's the question.
What's the best way of making one giant plant into several smaller plants? I don't want to kill the "parent" plant, but I would love to have a few more little anubai. I have literally never done it before.

warblad79
12-03-2015, 08:17 PM
I never heard of anubai plants before.

jdhuyvetter
12-03-2015, 11:30 PM
Anubias?

Filip
12-04-2015, 04:33 AM
If you talk about Anubias nana variety, you can cut and divide it wherever you like. Just make sure to leave at least 7-8 leaves per cutting so it can recover easily.
I would love to see a pic of that giant Anubias tree.
I once had a 2 carrasius 10 gallon tank that had a whole back wall made out of Anubias and it looked amazing.

jmf3460
12-04-2015, 09:07 AM
cut it anwhere along the rhizome you like, you cannot kill anubias, its a sturdy son of a b. are you looking to sell some?

GrayLadyPat
12-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Anubias?
Yesh... I cain't spel gud sumtimes...lol

If you talk about Anubias nana variety, you can cut and divide it wherever you like. Just make sure to leave at least 7-8 leaves per cutting so it can recover easily.
I would love to see a pic of that giant Anubias tree.
I once had a 2 carrasius 10 gallon tank that had a whole back wall made out of Anubias and it looked amazing. Once I get my major cleanout done I'll post a picture before I cut it up.

cut it anwhere along the rhizome you like, you cannot kill anubias, its a sturdy son of a b. are you looking to sell some? I don't have that mcuh, but I appreciate your interest.

Thanks, everyone!