PDA

View Full Version : Best discus disease treatment book

judgeo
12-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Would someone please recommend to me the "must have" book for identifying and treating discus diseases.

Akili
12-08-2015, 06:54 PM
There is no must have book because some of the books are outdated and lot of them are out of print. Best book in my opinion is this website. Over the years medications have also changed One can always do a internet search on Discus diseases and get varied answers.

John_Nicholson
12-08-2015, 08:54 PM
The most important disease prevention book that you can have is the instruction book that comes with your siphon hose......Th eimportant thing is the proper care of discus so that do not get sick. It is not in the treatment of them after the damage is already done.

-john

Jack L
12-08-2015, 09:04 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?121850-Discus-for-the-Perfectionist-Wattley-old-book&p=1184184#post1184184

its like a hard copy forum site w/o search, but a good book and all the breeders agree w/ John

and also, from memory, i think a bunch don't even try to save the sickies....just cull them

DJW
12-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Would someone please recommend to me the "must have" book for identifying and treating discus diseases.

If you could only have only one book, I would recommend Dieter Untergasser, Handbook of Fish Diseases, TFH Publications 1989.

I has diagnostic charts and treatments. It is somewhat dated but worth having as a reference.

judgeo
12-08-2015, 11:18 PM
If you could only have only one book, I would recommend Dieter Untergasser, Handbook of Fish Diseases, TFH Publications 1989.

I has diagnostic charts and treatments. It is somewhat dated but worth having as a reference.

Thank you DJW!

Jack L
12-08-2015, 11:31 PM

thanks, ordered : )

jdhuyvetter
12-08-2015, 11:58 PM
For discus specifically, Discus Health by Dieter Untergasser, TFH, 1991

Second Hand Pat
12-09-2015, 10:04 AM
While not discus specify this is also an excellent book Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment 2nd (second) Edition by Noga, Edward J.
Pat

Pardal
12-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Although I agreed with John with WC, and preventing.
I do my rescue missions sometimes even at LFS.
I recommend AQUARIOLOGY The Science of Fish Health Management. a Tetra Press. by Dr. John B. Gratzek and Ms. Janice R Matthews.
is an intermediate level book the series go from Fish Breeding Genetics, Anatomy, Physiology, Fish Diseases and water Chemistry.
A good network, this awesome website, and being humble I had have fish all my life since I was a little kid I am 54, and I still learning and I still making mistakes.

Julian

warblad79
12-09-2015, 07:14 PM
For me probably I'll print out all the good advice here from the real expert compile them like a book binder.