PDA

View Full Version : eheim eheim flow control indicator 2028

Eva
12-09-2015, 06:06 AM
hello
anyone know if I can order eheim flow control indicator? cracked the one I have.

also are eheim still one of the better filters to get? might need to get a new one after this.

thanks

rickztahone
12-09-2015, 11:58 PM
hello
anyone know if I can order eheim flow control indicator? cracked the one I have.

also are eheim still one of the better filters to get? might need to get a new one after this.

thanks

I have always had great luck with Rena filters. I have never used the filter you mention but there are a variety of the Rena's.

Tshethar
12-10-2015, 12:43 AM
I have been running a variety of Eheim filters for the past 6-10 years and have been really happy with them. (I have a 2026, a couple of 2217s, a 2215, and a 2229 wet/dry.) They are all extremely quiet, and I haven't had much in the way of problems. Keeping o-rings lubricated generally keeps them going for years and years.

That said, they tend to be a bit pricey unless you can find a deal, and there are plenty of good alternatives. (My 2229 was refurbished and the 2026 was going out of stock when I picked it up a number of years ago.) Also, while I don't have experience with their newer, high-end models, I think most Eheim enthusiasts say that you can't go wrong with the simpler designs of the "classic" series should you end up looking for a new filter. They have fewer seals to potentially leak, fewer parts to potentially require replacement, and they're priced better. The only down side is they're a little bit less user-friendly for servicing, but not by much.

Overall, though, Eheims are such quality filters that I wouldn't be too quick to jettison your 2028. I'm not entirely sure I know what part number you need, but it might be that the assembly you're talking about could be replaced for about $19: http://www.eheimparts.com/display_product.php?pid=2028

(Check out part # 7444410). If that isn't it, see if you can figure out the schematic and find the part number. Once you have that, google and ebay should give you an idea of what's possible. Best of luck and hope you can get it running.