PDA

View Full Version : Dojo loach

ferngully329
12-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Hello SD,

Before converting my 55g tank to a discus tank I had a few khuli loaches and a dojo loach as my scavengers. I see the dojo loach chasing my 2 inch discus, should I take him out. He chases them every time it rains. I live in Florida so it rains often.

Rudustin
12-13-2015, 05:20 PM
In my experience loaches ( I had khuli loaches to fix a snail issue in one of my main display tanks) are not suitable for discus because they are mainly nocturnal. Perhaps, when it rains, the darkened light causes the loaches to become more active. I also live in Florida so I know that we have recently had some very dark days. I've had to have lights on in my home as early as three in the afternoon. Loaches become very active at night and if they are chasing your discus I would immediately find them a new home or return to your LSF for a credit if that is where you got them. Rufus

Jack L
12-13-2015, 11:54 PM
Hello SD,

Before converting my 55g tank to a discus tank I had a few khuli loaches and a dojo loach as my scavengers. I see the dojo loach chasing my 2 inch discus, should I take him out. He chases them every time it rains. I live in Florida so it rains often.

chasing?

John_Nicholson
12-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Loaches are not suitable with discus. You will need to take it out.

-john

ferngully329
12-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Yes, chasing. When I approach the tank he leaves them alone. I placed a divider to separate the dojo, but will remove. Feel bad, he was my first fish.

ferngully329
12-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Thanks to everyone that responded.