PDA

View Full Version : PraziPro protocol?

modealings
12-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Hi all - I've finally got things under control with my 5 discus in the 75 bb tank. They all seem active, happy, and growing. Thanks to everyone for the advice on upping the water changes!

Does anyone have a de-worming protocol for using prazi-pro from hikari? (I've just seen one for using pure praziquantel.) The directions say a tsp per 20 gal and treat for 5-7 days. If im doing 2xdaily 50% wc's can I just replace the prazi removed during the water change for a week? Don't want to overdose it.

Thanks a lot.

DISCUS STU
12-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Overdosing PraziPro isn't as big a problem as overdosing some other meds. On bad advice I used to double dose it without much in the way of ill effects, I no longer do this.

Yes, you would replace what you took out during water changes. I generally use it for 10 days to eradicate gill flukes as recommended by Hikari the manufacturer in my correspondence with them.

modealings
12-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Perfect, thanks a lot.

Second Hand Pat
12-21-2015, 05:25 PM
You are using it to treat for tapeworms? If so believe that is a one time treatment. Any reason you suspect the fish might have tapeworms?
Pat

modealings
12-21-2015, 06:17 PM
No real reason to suspect they have worms. I watched the How to video in the stickies and saw the recommendation to prophylactically de-worm. Thought now would be as good of time as any.