PDA

View Full Version : White Out - NORTHEAST

Phillydubs
01-23-2016, 01:52 PM
I just wanted to give my thoughts and wishes to those simply members here in the North East who are getting slammed with this White Beast right now...!!!

Hope you are all safe and so are your tanks!!

I am in the HVAC business and we are swamped today... Not fun...

Be well all!!!

Phillydubs

jim LI
01-23-2016, 02:02 PM
14 inches and counting.....

Discus-n00b
01-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Stay safe and warm all! All we got this far south is rain and a palm full of snow/ice mix.

mkng07
01-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Stay warm everyone.

Hi Phil, just curious, what type of jobs are you doing today?

ericNH
01-23-2016, 02:52 PM
I was hoping to have a blizzard party up here in NH. Fire-pit, axe-throwing, steak tips on the bbq, beer....

I LOVE snow, but we didn't get hit. Bummer. :(

Second Hand Pat
01-23-2016, 04:57 PM
Stay safe and warm everyone. This is my daughters first true snow storm. She is in Maryland.
Pat

we4wieners
01-23-2016, 06:34 PM
I lost electric for about 7 hours. Tank popped right back when electric came back on. However, one of my larger pigeons isn't looking good. Not sure if the temp drop got him or lack of oxygen. All other inhabitants are great. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Woodduck
01-23-2016, 07:05 PM
4 words - Gen er a tor

gills
01-23-2016, 09:11 PM
Did not have to put the generator on but had it ready. Got a mix of freezing rain, sleet and snow around 3 to 4. Virginia up got hammered. Good luck to all.

Second Hand Pat
01-23-2016, 09:22 PM
I lost electric for about 7 hours. Tank popped right back when electric came back on. However, one of my larger pigeons isn't looking good. Not sure if the temp drop got him or lack of oxygen. All other inhabitants are great. Keeping my fingers crossed.

How low did the temp drop?

Phillydubs
01-23-2016, 09:29 PM
We are doing a lot of no heat or no hot water calls today for the poster who asked. My business services boilers burners hot water heaters etc. we don't close and always have men on the road. It is a delicate balance during this as we are getting slammed with snow. The drifts are unreal....

Len
01-24-2016, 12:55 PM
We are doing a lot of no heat or no hot water calls today for the poster who asked. My business services boilers burners hot water heaters etc. we don't close and always have men on the road. It is a delicate balance during this as we are getting slammed with snow. The drifts are unreal....

It's very inconvenient for those that lose power, heat, water etc during these situations, but we tend to take for granted the folks that are out travelling IN the mess to come and help us. ... keep safe.

gunnerschh2
01-25-2016, 03:07 PM
I got lucky on this one & did not lose power, which we usually do when a blizzard lasts this long. I have over 900 gals of water so I have a 8,000 watt gen. if needed. Harry

Phillydubs
01-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Len - You are so right! People just expect you to be there, and yes, while that is our job, some people have zero patience and no respect for what we do... It can be difficult at times...

Harry - So glad to hear that you are not without power!

seankelly
01-25-2016, 10:13 PM
I agree, I got over 2 feet, but thankfully kept power the whole time

seankelly
01-25-2016, 10:19 PM
I was a high voltage lineman for 30 years,just stopped working a few months ago,so this is the first storm I got to stay home for.But through the years there were so many times I was stuck at work for days during these storms,and even with a generator they would run out of gas and several times I came home to tanks full of dead fish.I know I was always in a different circumstance than most but one thing to remember is when the generator is running,you really have to be there while it is running

Phillydubs
01-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Depends on the generator. My company sells and installs inline natural gas generators... No worry for gas or outages. They run pretty flawlessly

seankelly
01-25-2016, 11:53 PM
That's nice to know