PDA

View Full Version : Wormer Plus

Woodyg
03-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Hello there.
I just wanted to share my experience with Wormer Plus.
I found this package deal on Ebay. Two packages of Wormer Plus and seven different Discus foods.
The little .5 ml scoop is pretty tiny. It does go a long way. After only ten minutes after adding to my aquarium, the two sickly fish started expelling worms. Hopefully this will take care of my worm issue.

Akili
03-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Nice to know and glad that it worked out for you.

alron2
03-04-2016, 12:56 AM
Gary,

What is the active ingredient in this? I tried to find it on Ebay, but had no luck.

Thanks
Ron

Second Hand Pat
03-04-2016, 01:32 AM
Gary,

What is the active ingredient in this? I tried to find it on Ebay, but had no luck.

Thanks
Ron

Do a search on eBay under "discus delights". :)
Pat

Akili
03-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Gary,

What is the active ingredient in this? Thanks
Ron Wormer Plus is a Flubendazole based medication

Davidzil
03-10-2016, 10:18 PM
how are these discus delights products compared to the US stuff

Woodyg
03-11-2016, 10:07 AM
My fish had gill flukes and were full of worms. I used API General cure two times over a three week period. Three of my discus would get stressed out a few days after the treatment. So I looked for other options. I found Discus delights on Ebay as shown in the above discussion. It took a week to arrive. In the meanwhile I found a bottle of Prazipro at a LFS. I gave my whole tank a treatment of this medication. The discus that I thought were healthy expelled many worms. I did loose one sickly discus in this time period. I did a 99% water change and a few days later all the fish were very happy. One of my discus still has a swollen belly, I treated with wormer plus two days ago. It does turn your water cloudy and the directions say that it bio degrades in 4 days. The discus with a swollen belly expelled worms but now seems to be back to normal. All poop coming out of the seven discus is brown or black. No evidence of worms. I am doing a major water today.
My thoughts about this newbie learning experience is:
Buy better quality discus.
Start off with a bare bottom tank.
Do 50% water changes daily.
The parizipro seemed to work better for my fish.
Woody

rickztahone
03-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Thanks for sharing that info Gary. Cloudy water usually means bio bloom.