PDA

View Full Version : Re-doing the fish room.

LizStreithorst
03-20-2016, 10:02 PM
I didn't want to do it but I have no choice.

Altum Nut
03-20-2016, 10:43 PM
Good luck Liz...I'm still wanting to build one and your re-doing yours.
I bet it's not an easy chore having to move tanks and water around but hope you have some helping hands.

...Ralph

rickztahone
03-20-2016, 11:04 PM
What are your plans Liz? What are you changing and why? May serve as a good step-by-step for people interested in possibly building fish rooms some day

MKD
03-20-2016, 11:09 PM
That's suckered but it's for the better. Do you mind sharing it? I'm thinking about it?

LizStreithorst
03-21-2016, 09:18 AM
The guy who built my stands did a crappy job. The wood is rotting and the stands will come crashing down if I continue to ignore it. I have a better carpenter this time. I can't lift all those 100 and 120 gallon tanks myself. I'm a little old lady not a big strong man. I moved some smaller tanks yesterday and consolidated a bunch of fish. Today I'll be taking 30 fish to the LFS. I have 3 150 gallon water storage containers and 5 50 gallon containers to move the fish to while the work is being done. I'll have all the fish moved and tanks drained so all the carpenters will have to do is lift tanks and get to "carpenting". I need to order a ton of heaters and figure out how I'm going to manage the air to the containers while the guys are working.

John_Nicholson
03-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Good luck with it Liz.

-john

LizStreithorst
03-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Thanks, John.

I'm taking pics as I go along. I'll post them all when this is all done and over with.

Phillydubs
03-21-2016, 10:38 AM
30 To the LFS? For sale?

LizStreithorst
03-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Yes. Angels not Discus.

Disgirl
03-21-2016, 12:10 PM
You can do it Liz, I have seen you handle more. Good luck, hope it all goes well.
Barb

Akili
03-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Good Luck Liz and when done post some pictures so some us can get ideas how to do our own fish rooms.

Second Hand Pat
03-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Hope this works out well for you Liz and looking forward to seeing the new fishroom.
Pat

rickztahone
03-21-2016, 09:12 PM
To new beginnings Liz :)

Cosmo
03-21-2016, 09:25 PM
My poor Mamucha, too mucho trabajo :( Really sucks that the guy who did the original work screwed it up so bad - as I recall it wasn't that long ago! Hopefully this new better carpenter is really better and once it's done it's done for good. Thinking of re-opening my fish room in a larger room in the basement but all I have to worry about moving around is a bunch of computer stuff and empty tanks and stands - I'll be watching your rebuild post for ideas on how to build some stands myself (I don't believe in hiring people - for better or worse :p)

Hang in there, hope everyone makes it through the transition unscathed :)

rickztahone
03-21-2016, 09:27 PM
Liz, one thing that may help, if you decide to paint the racks (I'm assuming wood?), paint them with an epoxy paint. This will make them stand up to the hardships of a fish room. SW HAVE to use epoxy paint in order for their stands to not fall apart.

Cosmo
03-21-2016, 10:29 PM
Liz, one thing that may help, if you decide to paint the racks (I'm assuming wood?), paint them with an epoxy paint. This will make them stand up to the hardships of a fish room. SW HAVE to use epoxy paint in order for their stands to not fall apart.

wouldn't your want to use treated pine which would preclude painting right away? That had been my thought but I've never built fish room racks before??

rickztahone
03-21-2016, 10:48 PM
wouldn't your want to use treated pine which would preclude painting right away? That had been my thought but I've never built fish room racks before??

The treated pine may be more expensive than the epoxy? I wouldn't know since I have never used pine personally, but it is a good question.

LizStreithorst
03-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Thanks gentlemen. I plan on using treated pine and oil based stain. The biggest problem was that the last guy set a 2x6 slam on the floor instead of using legs. Every time I had a flood the water just sat around the 6x6's and eventually the wood rotted. This time I'll use 4X4 legs. I spoke to John at Jehmco who suggested I set the legs on a shingle of something else impermeable to water. A good idea that hadn't occurred to me.

The other problem was that the first guy said he was going to build the stands so that everything was supported by wood to the slab. He built them at home and made a mistake in measurements. When he got here he discovered that the 24" wide tanks wouldn't fit the way he's planned to do it so the entire thing is held up by screws alone.

I've built stands myself before the bad carpenter came along. I have 215 gallons on them that are fine. What with all the work it will take to move fish, and all the muscle it would take to remove and put large tanks back in place, this job is just to much for me. Besides, I'm a slow carptnter. I'd have to take a week off work if I were to do it myself.

It's too early in the morning for me to up load all my pics but I will when I get off work this afternoon.

rickztahone
03-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks gentlemen. I plan on using treated pine and oil based stain. The biggest problem was that the last guy set a 2x6 slam on the floor instead of using legs. Every time I had a flood the water just sat around the 6x6's and eventually the wood rotted. This time I'll use 4X4 legs. I spoke to John at Jehmco who suggested I set the legs on a shingle of something else impermeable to water. A good idea that hadn't occurred to me.

The other problem was that the first guy said he was going to build the stands so that everything was supported by wood to the slab. He built them at home and made a mistake in measurements. When he got here he discovered that the 24" wide tanks wouldn't fit the way he's planned to do it so the entire thing is held up by screws alone.

I've built stands myself before the bad carpenter came along. I have 215 gallons on them that are fine. What with all the work it will take to move fish, and all the muscle it would take to remove and put large tanks back in place, this job is just to much for me. Besides, I'm a slow carptnter. I'd have to take a week off work if I were to do it myself.

It's too early in the morning for me to up load all my pics but I will when I get off work this afternoon.

always a good idea to make racks in the intended place where they will go. Never know if there is something off in that particular are that needs to be addressed then and there.

LizStreithorst
03-22-2016, 03:38 PM
I know, Ricardo. But this guy guarantees his work. If something ain't right it's on him, not me. If there is a problem he will fix it then and there before he proceeds. Otherwise it will cost him a bundle in lost time. He knows what I want. I will be less trusting than I was of the first guy. This will all be done on my day off and I will be there to trust but verify.

The last time he worked on the fish room the bad carpenter abandoned me when the entire room was one big leak. Mr sharp fixed it. He had to come back a second time because he missed something. Coming back and fixing it cost him, not me. I was a carpenter's helper once. There ain't nothing harder than fixing a leak and nothing harder than fixing someone else's poor work. My slab is level. There should be no problem with him building the racks at home. Heck, I feel like I'm getting out easy. He quoted me a price of $1000. which I will come up with one way or another before he gets to work. He told me that he was quoting on the high side.

Mr. Sharp knows how important the fish are too me. He had to Clorox my rafters when he fixed the abomination that the bad carpenter left hanging me out to dry with. He was going to spray the rafters that were covered in black mold. I said, no. That chlorine and fish don't mix. I suggested that he move my fine Jehmco air pump outside and put the Clorox on with a roller. He did it. He also covered all my tanks with visqueen (sp) just in case of drips.

I was at work when he did this. I saw them finishing up when I got back home. He brought his pre-adolescent grandson with. The kid has a sense of humor. Mr. Sharp said that the kid went to him while he was outside and asked, "Are all those big round fish supposed to be floating on the top on their sides?" Mr Sharp told me he 'bout had a heart attack.\

Everything will be fine. I have faith and I have sense when I choose to use it. I am less trusting than I used to be. Besides, the auction fish will remain in the kitchen in QT until after this is all done and over with.

rickztahone
03-22-2016, 05:48 PM
I know, Ricardo. But this guy guarantees his work. If something ain't right it's on him, not me. If there is a problem he will fix it then and there before he proceeds. Otherwise it will cost him a bundle in lost time. He knows what I want. I will be less trusting than I was of the first guy. This will all be done on my day off and I will be there to trust but verify.

The last time he worked on the fish room the bad carpenter abandoned me when the entire room was one big leak. Mr sharp fixed it. He had to come back a second time because he missed something. Coming back and fixing it cost him, not me. I was a carpenter's helper once. There ain't nothing harder than fixing a leak and nothing harder than fixing someone else's poor work. My slab is level. There should be no problem with him building the racks at home. Heck, I feel like I'm getting out easy. He quoted me a price of $1000. which I will come up with one way or another before he gets to work. He told me that he was quoting on the high side.

Mr. Sharp knows how important the fish are too me. He had to Clorox my rafters when he fixed the abomination that the bad carpenter left hanging me out to dry with. He was going to spray the rafters that were covered in black mold. I said, no. That chlorine and fish don't mix. I suggested that he move my fine Jehmco air pump outside and put the Clorox on with a roller. He did it. He also covered all my tanks with visqueen (sp) just in case of drips.

I was at work when he did this. I saw them finishing up when I got back home. He brought his pre-adolescent grandson with. The kid has a sense of humor. Mr. Sharp said that the kid went to him while he was outside and asked, "Are all those big round fish supposed to be floating on the top on their sides?" Mr Sharp told me he 'bout had a heart attack.\

Everything will be fine. I have faith and I have sense when I choose to use it. I am less trusting than I used to be. Besides, the auction fish will remain in the kitchen in QT until after this is all done and over with.

:laugh: funny kid. I'm glad you are taking these precautions and being overly observant. What's that old saying, "food me once, shame on you...."

LizStreithorst
04-05-2016, 05:03 PM
I have run into a bit of a problem. I have 3 of these. One I'm not worried about because it was not drilled. I hauled 2 of these 150 gallon water storage containers home from the storage area in my shop. One last week, and one today. I used to have these plumbed together using bulkheads and 1" PVC. When I left Mobile didn't want to hang around long as I loaded my stuff so when I took these I just ripped them apart from one another rather than cut the PVC and load them gently. They leak from around the the bulkhead. Part of the problem is that the hole I drilled is not perfectly centered so the new bulkhead doesn't fit perfectly. I could fix that with a bench grinder. there is also the problem that there is a raised area where I'd knocked off a couple of reinforcement pieces. I'm thinking I could grind them down level with a Dremmel.

Would that be the easiest way to fix the leak or is a way I could close that 1 3/4" hole forever that is easier? Surely there is a way. These are wonderful containers. I need them while my stands are being rebuilt. They're made to keep shrimp alive down on the coast until people buy them. Imagine the fish I could raise in them during the summer months? (Not Discus. I'm think of Anabatoids for them.)9649196490

rickztahone
04-05-2016, 06:16 PM
From the location the BH is currently in, it doesn't look like it can be drilled larger. However, I see there are other rectangles that are much larger, could you simply patch up the current one and drill and plumb it via another area? What is this material?

DJW
04-05-2016, 06:46 PM
I'm not there to see it and get my hands on it, but if I am seeing the problem right, I would grind and sand those broken surfaces under the bulkhead flat and clean it good, then glue another piece of smooth plastic (that has a pre-drilled hole for the bulkhead) onto the surface that is as wide as the space between the walls of the reinforcements. That way the gasket will have a smooth surface to seat against.

LizStreithorst
04-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Guys, you don't understand...I don't need the dang hole nor the dang bulk head at all. I figured that putting another bulk head in and capping it would be the easiest way. I have a bench grinder and a dremmel. I'm pretty sure that silicone will stick to this plastic, but I don't know. I think I can make the bulkhead thing work. If this doesn't work I'll run it up to the lovely glass place down the road. They'll figure out a solution.

rickztahone
04-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Guys, you don't understand...I don't need the dang hole nor the dang bulk head at all. I figured that putting another bulk head in and capping it would be the easiest way. I have a bench grinder and a dremmel. I'm pretty sure that silicone will stick to this plastic, but I don't know. I think I can make the bulkhead thing work. If this doesn't work I'll run it up to the lovely glass place down the road. They'll figure out a solution.
Yeah, so long as it is dry you should be able to silicone it in place from the inside. The pressure will help keep it in place

nc0gnet0
04-05-2016, 09:03 PM
What size is the hole? an expandable rubber plug should do the trick

http://www.instockpoolsupply.com/American_Granby_HWP206_p/HWP206.htm?gclid=CIHo6Mbo-MsCFY4lgQod3IQITA

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/sea-dog-t-handle-transom-drain-plug.html

LizStreithorst
04-05-2016, 09:09 PM
I was hoping in spite of myself that you might show up on this thread, Rick. The hole is 1 3/4" An expandable plug would be perfect if I can find one that fits such a big hole. I'll look around and see what I can find. Thanks.

LizStreithorst
04-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Do you think that this would work, Rick? http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=74435&catid=701

nc0gnet0
04-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Looks like it would do the trick. Is your hole (once you remove the bulk head rubber fitting) pretty round?

LizStreithorst
04-05-2016, 09:29 PM
My hole is perfectly round. I think it will work, too. I am in your debt once again, damn it ;)

nc0gnet0
04-05-2016, 09:30 PM
My hole is perfectly round. I think it will work, too. I am in your debt once again, damn it ;)

LOL, and when you need to drain the tank you just pull the plug.

MKD
04-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Have you thought about sandwich it with plastics or acrylics a and silicone?

LizStreithorst
04-05-2016, 10:04 PM
ncOgnetO's suggestion is the best and easiest. You just gotta respect smart guy who says that his real name is "Mud". I just ordered a couple of them. They will work a treat!

FischAutoTechGarten
04-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Hockey pucks. Great for setting the legs on.

LizStreithorst
08-20-2016, 03:48 PM
This job is finally getting finished Monday. Mr Sharp built the rack tops here. He will put the legs on in the fish room so he is sure that everything is level and as it should be. He wants me to be there. He's doing it Monday because Monday is my day off. I'll have to be here when he cuts the PVC that is supplying air to my outside fish containers. My job is to take care of the fish All except the Discus have already been moved outside. I'll move the Discus Sunday afternoon.

Here' are some pics of where I am now. I sent 300 Angels that I don't care about to the wholesaler be able to fit the fish with potential into those few containers. I also have 4 breeding tanks with Angel pairs and a 75 with Angels that don't have to be replace. I built those stands my self and they are fine. Go figure...The empty 150 gallon container will house my Discus for a day.

If you're wondering why this has taken so long for me to have this work done, it's because Mr. Sharp is a very busy man. He gets more money from big jobs and commercial jobs. In August his phone quits ringing. It's like the tap was shut off. He has a crew of 3 very good guys that he needs to keep happy during that one month. He is willing to take a job that will make him a bit of money from and pay his guys. I figured this out from things he had said in passing so I chose my best time to get a good price on a job that will be stressful for him because it involves live animals. That's why he wants me here when he does tare-out and setting up the new. I have made it clearer than clear that this must be done right. The poor dear man has never done a fish room before. This job is not a piece of cake for him. He and I am both very sure that I will be happy with the result.

LizStreithorst
08-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Sorry...That first pic with the multitude of Angels is a pic of some of the 300 I took to the wholesaler. I tried to remove the pic but I couldn't figure out how.

Larry Bugg
08-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Looking great Liz!! Exciting stuff. Hey, I love those outside containers. I would love to have a couple of those here for the summer.

Poppa Ryno
08-20-2016, 05:29 PM
I saw something abt painting the stands. If you do might i suggest hitting them with a coat of deck sealer.

LizStreithorst
08-20-2016, 05:58 PM
I got them for a song, Mr. Bugg. They use them on the gulf coast to keep bait shrimp. They are great for raising Angels outside during the summer months. Since the tanks can only be viewed from above they are only good for raising quantity rather than quality. I'd never raise Discus in one. I bet they'd be great for BN because they get a lot of soft green algae on the bottoms and sides.

two utes
08-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Glad to hear that you are coming to the end of your project. That's a real nice set up you have there...... And good on you Mr. Sharp

Ardan
08-20-2016, 07:11 PM
Liz,
That is one heck of a nice fishroom! Looks like lots of fun ahead.:)

Ardan

LizStreithorst
08-20-2016, 07:57 PM
It will indeed be a good fish room once this stand rebuild is over and done with. It has been a lot of work on my part and a lot of hard thinking both my part and on Mr. Sharp's part. I yearn for it to be over and done with so I can enjoy it:sun:

Second Hand Pat
08-21-2016, 08:03 AM
Liz, you are going to have so much fun in your new fishroom.
Pat

LizStreithorst
08-21-2016, 03:49 PM
I have done every thing I need to do to be ready for the gentlemen tomorrow. The Discus are a bit spooked being in a type of housing they have never experienced, but they are fine.

two utes
08-21-2016, 05:45 PM
Hope everything goes to plan. Looking forward to seeing them back in their tanks some time real soon.

LizStreithorst
08-23-2016, 07:54 PM
It ain't going to be a soon as I had hoped. The carpenters worked 1 1/2 hrs past quitting time to get their job done yesterday. Now I have to do my job. The top rack is easy and 3 100's and a 120 are filled with water sponges back in, Magnums on and heaters in. I replaced all my air line because it was getting old and stiff. The guys didn't have to take down the PVC carrying air to the top rack so all I had to do was hook it up. Tomorrow I will move Discus into 2 of the 100's and a whole bunch of Blue Marble Angels into the 120. I may move the Half Black Angels and the Half BlackXBlue Silver's in to the remaining 100, although I'd prefer to keep them separate in 60 wides.

The bottom racks will take a lot of work that I'm not looking forward to. I need to screw the air supply back into place. Perhaps I'll attach it to the wall rather than the underside of the stands like I had it before. That way I won't have my back. I just looked at, and I can do it like that. I also need to hook the water back up. Again the top racks will be easy because all I need to do is replace valves. I believe I'll have to break my back to get the bottom racks done. It will be easier start from scratch than use what used to be there.

Also, I have a lot of pondering to do. I have room now for another 40 cube (I adore those tanks for breeding tanks) and another 60 wide (I adore them for grow out). They are expensive tanks. I'll have to travel to Tennessee to pick them up. And I keep thinking, "Dang Liz, you need to quit spending money like you're made of it."

I'm a slow thinker when it comes to jobs I don't do every day. I sit and stare and the answer generally comes to me while I'm asleep. I always figure it out and get it done, though.

WC has become very time consuming. As it is I am changing water on the outside container using gravity to drain and a sump pump to fill each tank individually. Until I figure out plumbing the water I'm having to do the inside tanks the same way. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I'm actually having fun.

Altum Nut
08-23-2016, 08:23 PM
Looks great Liz and thanks for sharing your re-build. Great space with nice clean plumping layout.
I only ask that you be careful when working on those top racks until you get water lines hooked....PLEASE.

...Ralph

two utes
08-24-2016, 01:55 AM
Sounds like you have a bit on your hands still, but as for as the additional tanks....go for it l say ;)

You only live once :)

Looking forward to updated pictures when your done :)

LizStreithorst
08-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Sorry for no pics. They are here is you want to see them. It's just too much work to post them in more than one place. http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?topic=9180.0 Everything takes me longer than I thought it would, but I get it done. When I do and everything works as it should I get this feeling of satisfaction that makes it all worth it.

two utes
08-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks for sharing that link. It doesn't matter if it takes longer, as long as it is done right and that you're happy with the end result. Good on you.

pastry
08-27-2016, 12:01 AM
Enjoying it Liz. Thanks

LizStreithorst
09-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Here it is now that I have redone the plumbing for air and water and cleaned the joint up. It took me a solid week to get my part done. Luckily it was a very slow week at work so I was able to come home and work on plumbing. Notice the lovely new valves that I adore. They turn on and off so easily that I don't need to get on the step stool to get the leverage to work them. A lot of the tanks were moved to different places so it was more than a simple matter of hooking stuff that the carpenters had to take down and putting it back.

I'm very happy now. I have waited a long time for this to get done. Carpenter's work is good and my work is good, too.

rickztahone
09-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Looking good Liz

Larry Bugg
09-04-2016, 02:17 PM
It looks beautiful Liz!! I love the seating area. Can you take of close up of the valves you used and how they are installed? Also, how do you have your tanks drilled to drain?

DJW
09-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Really nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LizStreithorst
09-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Sometimes I even sleep down there. The sofa is very comfortable and I have extra long sheets that fit it.

None of my tanks are drilled. I thought about it at one point, but I don't believe it's a WC unless I vacuum the bottom. It bothers me to see fish poo. I use a 1" hose connected to a quiet magnetic pump. Discharge is 1" PVC via a hole through the wall to outside.

In the past I have used slip/slip to connect my valves, but these valves were expensive. I didn't want to have to toss them if I move tanks around again. I hope my pics explain what you want to know. The first to pics are of valves going to the top rack. The last two are for bottom rack.

Second Hand Pat
09-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Now that's a woman cave :D :D
Pat

LizStreithorst
09-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Now that's a woman cave :D :D
Pat

It sure 'nuff works for me. I love it. Everything works as it shuold. It is delightful.

RichT
09-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Looks really nice Liz. Shows you put a lot of thought and work into it. Enjoy!

LizStreithorst
09-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Thanks for paying attention to me, folks. I know that it would have been more nearly perfect if I had employed a real plumber. My plumbing isn't as flawless as their's but it works, and I work for nothing while they cost an arm and a leg.

Have y'all ever heard the plumber/doctor joke? A doctor hired a plumber. The plumber fixed his problem and presented the doctor with his bill. The doctor said, "Hell, I don't make that much and I'm a doctor." The plumber responded, "I didn't make this much when I was a doctor, either".

two utes
09-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Wow! Well done Liz. Who needs a t.v when you can sit down and see that. Not only did you repair your stands, but you have made maintaining your fish room a whole lot easier. Now sit back and enjoy :)

RogueDiscus
09-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Nice Liz! Very jealous!
Steve

LizStreithorst
09-04-2016, 09:16 PM
I have made my bed and I will sleep in it. I like that saying. It usually connotes living with a bad choice. Not in this case.

Second Hand Pat
09-05-2016, 08:49 AM
I have made my bed and I will sleep in it. I like that saying. It usually connotes living with a bad choice. Not in this case.

So perfect Liz :D
Pat

two utes
09-05-2016, 06:20 PM
. Now sit back and enjoy :)

.....or you could always lay back ;) Enjoy!

Ardan
09-10-2016, 08:54 AM
That is super nice Liz!! Nice job:sun::sun:
I know that the fish that come out of there will be every bit as nice too!
Ardan

Allwin
10-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Very nice Liz, this is the way to go :-)

Simplejustin
10-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Nice job Liz! It looks so much better and I'm sure it works better for you as well! Nice setup!

SomeFin's Fishy
10-18-2016, 11:51 AM
In other words, "You're Sleeping with the Fishes!":)

LizStreithorst
10-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks all. I just got by first batch of wigglers attach since I changed everything. I was at a loss because nothing kept happening with the Discus but the Angels were producing everywhere. I was giving up hope that I would ever again be a Discus breeder.

I want to thank Pat for her advice and kindness. Who knows, it could be the Rooibos tea that I thought was quack stuff but bought it because I was at my wits end and Pat suggested it.

Mark I'll sleep down there more often when the weather cools here.

Disgirl
10-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Looks just great Liz! First time I have seen this thread. Best of luck with those fry!
Barb

Ardan
10-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Congrats on the fry Liz!! I am anxious to see them.:D

Ardan

LizStreithorst
10-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Thanks Ardan. Pics will come once they become more than tiny dots. :sun:

Second Hand Pat
10-18-2016, 08:54 PM
Thanks all. I just got by first batch of wigglers attach since I changed everything. I was at a loss because nothing kept happening with the Discus but the Angels were producing everywhere. I was giving up hope that I would ever again be a Discus breeder.

I want to thank Pat for her advice and kindness. Who knows, it could be the Rooibos tea that I thought was quack stuff but bought it because I was at my wits end and Pat suggested it.

Mark I'll sleep down there more often when the weather cools here.

Liz, I used the tea on the discus I just received on Friday and you saw the vid. I have also used it to acclimate baby altums. It's good stuff and cheap. Looking forward to seeing those wigglers. :)
Pat

scrappinjaime
10-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Looks great!

LizStreithorst
10-18-2016, 09:02 PM
Liz, I used the tea on the discus I just received on Friday and you saw the vid. I have also used it to acclimate baby altums. It's good stuff and cheap. Looking forward to seeing those wigglers. :)
Pat

My tanks with the tea are much darker than your tank. Perhaps I should put 1 T in the sock rather than two T's (?).

I just saw dad eat one of his kids. Mom can do nothing wrong.

Second Hand Pat
10-18-2016, 09:10 PM
Liz, the tea is mostly out of my tank. It served the purpose nicely. I would suggest maintaining what you have. :)
Pat

LizStreithorst
10-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Yes ma'am.

seanyuki
02-18-2020, 11:25 PM
Here it is now that I have redone the plumbing for air and water and cleaned the joint up. It took me a solid week to get my part done. Luckily it was a very slow week at work so I was able to come home and work on plumbing. Notice the lovely new valves that I adore. They turn on and off so easily that I don't need to get on the step stool to get the leverage to work them. A lot of the tanks were moved to different places so it was more than a simple matter of hooking stuff that the carpenters had to take down and putting it back.

I'm very happy now. I have waited a long time for this to get done. Carpenter's work is good and my work is good, too.

Nice looking fish room Liz......how many tanks running

at this moment?

timvriens
02-19-2020, 01:46 AM
Looking good , I would love to get a fishroom that big :eek:

LizStreithorst
02-19-2020, 08:57 AM
Right now, 16. I replaced a 75 that I was not using with 4 10's, a 5, and a 20 for a Ram breeding project. I still have 3 120's, 2 60 wides, a 20, and a 29 sitting empty. BTW, the joint isn't pretty and tidy with a place for everything and everything in it's place like it was in the pics. I actually have to push fish stuff away so I can sit on the sofa.

Don't know why it's such a chore to clean the fish room. It's even harder since my mopping machine died. I have to scrub the floor with an old broom now. I'm going to do my best to get on it today. It's a rainy day so I can't play outside. Besides, once I get done cleaning it it's amazingly satisfying to see how pretty it can be.