PDA

View Full Version : NADA 2016 Show Newsletter

Second Hand Pat
03-28-2016, 12:07 PM
NADA has put together a news letter to help promote the 2016 show. The newsletter may help answer questions you might have regarding the show. It has information about getting fish to the show, what you can expect at the show and some representative pictures of fish some of the show sponsors might bring. Please use this link to see the newsletter in your browser http://www.discusnada.org/?wysija-page=1&controller=email&action=view&email_id=28&wysijap=subscriptions&user_id=458.

John_Nicholson
03-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Folks it is no secret that I am pretty high on NADA but for those of you that may have missed it......YOU HAVE GOT TO COME TO THIS SHOW if you like discus at all. I wish I had the vocabulary to properly describe exactly how much fun this deal is. The best way that I can describe it is as follows...my lovely wife has been married to me for over 29 years. As you can imagine that has been hard on her.....anyway she pretty much dislikes anything involving animals and absolutely HATES fish but she also absolutely loves NADA. When a fish hating spouse loves the show....well that should tell you a lot.

With the show in Chicago there are loads of non-fish activities so bring the entire family and have a blast. You will learns tons of stuff on discus, meet some great people, and have one hell of a great time.

It is the most fun that you can have with your clothes on.......

-john

rickztahone
03-28-2016, 11:40 PM
That is a cool newsletter. If you haven't had the chance to read it, please do so. Very informative and entertaining.

Iowa_Discus
03-29-2016, 12:33 AM
It is the most fun that you can have with your clothes on.......

-john

Now THAT'S a bold claim ;)

Second Hand Pat
03-29-2016, 12:39 AM
Now THAT'S a bold claim ;)

But so true :D

Iowa_Discus
03-29-2016, 01:12 AM
But so true :D

lol. Well good thing I'm going!

Second Hand Pat
03-29-2016, 01:33 AM
lol. Well good thing I'm going!

:thumbsup:

John_Nicholson
03-29-2016, 08:25 AM
And if you fell restricted by that statement then feel free to strip down.........

After the kids have gone to bed though.......

-john

rickztahone
03-29-2016, 01:48 PM
And if you fell restricted by that statement then feel free to strip down.........

After the kids have gone to bed though.......

-john

...or wear a dress...

RogueDiscus
04-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Just re-read the newsletter info related to the show classes. Very helpful. Getting excited.
Steve

rsawest@yahoo.com
04-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Hey everyone, this is a MUST event. You will have a blast at NADA. There is nothing like hanging with your fellow discus freaks and seeing beautiful fish. The speakers are top notch, as always.

LizStreithorst
04-11-2016, 07:54 PM
...or wear a dress...

Poor John. the dress thing was a gazillion years ago at an ACA. Nobody remembers Willie in his grass skirt and coconuts for boobs. John in a dress with his hairy chest and hairy legs was tame compared to Willie's get-up. John would never make it as a transvestite.

John_Nicholson
04-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Gee Liz...thanks I think......LOL.

-john

rickztahone
04-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Poor John. the dress thing was a gazillion years ago at an ACA. Nobody remembers Willie in his grass skirt and coconuts for boobs. John in a dress with his hairy chest and hairy legs was tame compared to Willie's get-up. John would never make it as a transvestite.

Gee Liz...thanks I think......LOL.

-john

:laugh: Not sure who comes out winning there...lol

Second Hand Pat
04-11-2016, 10:32 PM

Talk about a back sided compliment lol
Pat

LizStreithorst
04-11-2016, 11:56 PM
You have never seen him "dressed". I have. I can't imagine anyone to be hot for Nicholson in a dress. (sorry John). On the other hand, Willie looked funny but attractive in his grass skirt with coconut boobs even though he most certainly didn't have the body for it. You should have been there, Pat. I was. I wonder how may others of us from back years ago were?

Keith Perkins
04-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Talk about a back sided compliment lol
Pat

I somehow missed the picture of his back side. Thank God for small miracles.

John_Nicholson
04-12-2016, 08:00 AM
Y'all are harsh but to clear the record.......As hairy as my chest is, my back has no hair.......Also I look less hairy now because most of my hair has turned grey....LOL.

-john

Second Hand Pat
04-12-2016, 08:11 AM
Alright, that newsletter is a great read :D
Pat

rsawest@yahoo.com
04-21-2016, 08:44 PM

I have some inside knowledge. Willie will certainly be there, and maybe the grass skirt and coconut bra will make another appearance...

LizStreithorst
04-21-2016, 09:00 PM
i have some inside knowledge. Willie will certainly be there, and maybe the grass skirt and coconut bra will make another appearance...

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

LizStreithorst
04-21-2016, 09:08 PM
I have some inside knowledge. Willie will certainly be there, and maybe the grass skirt and coconut bra will make another appearance...

I hope he does it. It would rock. How many years ago was that? It must have been 12 or 13.

rsawest@yahoo.com
04-21-2016, 09:56 PM
ACA in Cincinnati is all I remember. Hans, Cary, and Joe were there. The famous room. Using one net for all fish, including Africans...

John_Nicholson
04-22-2016, 07:52 AM
LOL..Well not to worry....my dress wearing days are over I do believe....LOL.

-john

Willie
04-22-2016, 06:28 PM
Poor John. the dress thing was a gazillion years ago at an ACA. Nobody remembers Willie in his grass skirt and coconuts for boobs. John in a dress with his hairy chest and hairy legs was tame compared to Willie's get-up.

Thank you, Liz. For the record, I was accompanied by three babes wearing bikinis and fishnet stockings. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

John was a solo act. :thumbsdown:

Willie

LizStreithorst
04-22-2016, 06:34 PM
I never even noticed the 3 chicks. I only had eyes for you ;). One good thing about Joe, he could put on a killer party.

I got my fish and headed home before the shared net debacle.

Discus-Hans
05-14-2016, 02:58 AM
Cincinnati 2003 ACA first show I came to in the USA.

LOL..Well not to worry....my dress wearing days are over I do believe....LOL.

-john

Thank God for that, children close your eyes for the next I say............. John you scared the %$&$#@# daylight out of me, and heyyyyy I'm from Amsterdam, I'm used to some things.

Thank you, Liz. For the record, I was accompanied by three babes wearing bikinis and fishnet stockings. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

John was a solo act. :thumbsdown:

Willie

Willie was dressed????? I thought it was his normal daily outfit. The girls ........ if I remember well Jen the baglady was one of them, where did Jen go????

Hans

Discus-Hans
05-14-2016, 02:59 AM
I never even noticed the 3 chicks. I only had eyes for you ;). One good thing about Joe, he could put on a killer party.

I got my fish and headed home before the shared net debacle.

Yeah Joe could put up killer parties, only question was always who paid for this one?????

John_Nicholson
05-16-2016, 08:13 AM
Oh I know, I know.....LOL.

-john

Discus_KC
05-17-2016, 08:19 PM
I remember the pictures that made it all the way to Iraq!!

Helped me laugh !

Jack

rsawest@yahoo.com
05-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Cincinnati 2003 ACA first show I came to in the USA.

Willie was dressed????? I thought it was his normal daily outfit. The girls ........ if I remember well Jen the baglady was one of them, where did Jen go????

Hans

Jenny K is still active in our local club. I don't think she keeps discus anymore. She has a lot of family responsibilities.

John_Nicholson
05-19-2016, 09:06 AM
Linda tell Jen that I am sending a prayer up for her. Hope we all get a chance to get together one day.

-john

Discus-Hans
05-20-2016, 01:06 AM
Hope we all get a chance to get together one day.

-john

Agree hope she is okay.

Hans