PDA

View Full Version : Blanket Medicate Display Tank??

kiwdahc
04-04-2016, 05:55 PM
I have a display tank that has substrate, plants from multiple tanks. a big log in the middle, 2 YoYo loaches from LFS, and a gold nugget pleco from a local breeder. I must admit I was not very responsible with adding this fish and items into the aquarium and put them all directly in. I plan on putting full grown discus into this tank in around a year and I would like to protect my investment. Should I blanket medicate this tank for worms or bacteria months before I move the discus in? If I was to do this what would I medicate with? Thanks in advance I have not found any information about doing this exact thing.

Phillydubs
04-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Seems like a risky proposition to toss big $ adult discus Into a questionable tank...

If I were you I would start fresh with a new tank that is well cleaned and sterilized. Or I would take this current tank apart and start fresh.

kiwdahc
04-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Yeah that is what it is looking like I am going to have to do. I was thinking of just doing a PP cycle then a levamisole cycle on the whole tank but I am not sure what the chances of clearing anything up.

Len
04-05-2016, 04:15 PM
With plants and substrate I wouldn't bother as they wouldn't be very effective. You'd be better served to break the tank down, sterilize it and start fresh minus the existing questionable fish. The expense of the discus make them too much of a gamble.