PDA

View Full Version : Discus lay egg need help ASAP!

Mhxsolo
04-17-2016, 11:05 PM
Hello,

My 2 discus just lay some eggs but the thing is there are 8 others plus some dano and 3 pleco are in the same tank. Need help asap before they eat all the eggs. The setting right now is that there were a big piece of drift wood with three rocks on top to hold down and one of the rock happen to have the eggs and I don't want to move anything at the moment.

warblad79
04-17-2016, 11:09 PM
Just let them eat it since you don't want to move them anyway

Kyla
04-17-2016, 11:37 PM
dont panic, let them get eaten and let the parents practice at laying for a while. if they laid once they can do it again. i have pairs that lay all the time in the main tank.

someday, after u research what it takes to raise the babies, u can then decide if u want to make plans to move them and breed them. its a crazy ton of work tho, so for now just let them do their thing.

nc0gnet0
04-17-2016, 11:40 PM
Quick!!

Get some Towels!!!!

Boil some water !!!!!!

Long story short, your not ready yet. Welcome to simply and do some research on breeding discus.

chuckiesmalls
04-19-2016, 11:13 AM
Lol

warblad79
04-19-2016, 11:31 AM
You take them out of the water, sit on it for 3 days and wait for it to hatch. make sure keep them warm

donnacona
04-19-2016, 12:07 PM
If the parents keep the eggs long enough and they hatch.
and then they get eaten you will know if the pair are fertile.
Then decide if you wan't to take on breeding.
Stu

DISCUS STU
04-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Quick!!

Get some Towels!!!!

Boil some water !!!!!!

Long story short, your not ready yet. Welcome to simply and do some research on breeding discus.

Hilarious! Believe us, successful Discus breeding doesn't happen by accident and sometimes not even on purpose, lol.

Try removing them to their own tank. 25-30 gals. and let them get into the groove; soft lighting, a little Barry White music, etc., and see what happens.

It's a nice challenge to breed Discus and can be very satisfying.