PDA

View Full Version : Auction Alert!: Uncle Sam's Discus Weekend Blitz Auction For SimplyDiscus!

brewmaster15
05-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi Everyone!

As you may know we have a new sponsor here at SimplyDiscus, Uncle Sam's Discus (Darwin Recla & Wesley Vazquez). (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?379-Uncle-Sam-s-Discus-(Darwin-Recla-amp-Wesley-Vazquez)-Canoga-Park-CA) Uncle Sam's Discus has generously offered the forum a set of 4 beautiful Red Turquoise Discus for auction as an introduction to the community here.

Auction Rules: Please READ BEFORE BIDDING!!!!

1. You have to be a registered member of the forum for at least five days prior to the start of the auction (the auction starts May 27) or have at least 5 posts prior to the start of the contest.. Any bid received from a member not meeting this criteria will be deleted.

2. Bids are to be placed in this thread. You are bidding on the entire set of 4 pcs young Adult Red Turquoise. This is a beautiful group and will be sold as a group.

3. Canadian members may participate if they can take delivery of the auction fish within the US. Please contact Darwin (Uncle Sam's Discus) (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?69189-Uncle-Sam-s-Discus) prior to bidding to ensure a delivery location. Also ensure you are aware of any paperwork required to bring the fish into Canada.

4. Shipping will be included in the Auction so take that into account when you bid. (Fedex to all locations in the USA), that alone is $100 value!

5. The auction ends on Sunday May 29th at 9:00 PM EST (eastern standard time). Any bid time stamped after 9:00 PM is considered null and void. Be wise, Bid early if you want to win and bid generously! Payment is due at Auction end and shall be made through Paypal. Winner will be notified at contest end.

6. We have tried to anticipate all issues and make the rules clear and concise, but should an issue or problem arise we maintain all rights to resolve it as we see fit. You agree to this by your participation in these auction.

****For this auction all Moderators and Admins with the exception of myself will be allowed to bid. Red Turquoise are an all time favorite of mine and these would look great here in my tanks, but I will not bid.***

*******In addition to this generous donation by Uncle Sam"s Discus, I will also contribute 100 grams of my Freeze Dried Black Worms with biopigment Plus, shipping included as an extra prize for the auction winner****

I'd Really like to thank Darwin, Wes and Uncle Sam's Discus for this Auction! They are new here and trying to help the forum out and become part of the community. Support like this helps keep the forum going and gives members an opportunity to get some beautiful Discus at the same time.

Stop by their Sponsor Board (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?379-Uncle-Sam-s-Discus-(Darwin-Recla-amp-Wesley-Vazquez)-Canoga-Park-CA) and say hi, and If you are looking for Discus, definetly be sure to check out them out for your Discus needs. They carry Lawrence Soon's Discus ( another great sponsor here-Lucky Tropical) .

Let the Bidding Begin!!! Who will be the "Lucky" SimplyDiscus Member to win a group of Red Turquoise Discus? These are a Classic strain that never go out of style and are always in demand. A Favorite of many Discus Nuts! Make them Yours, Bid now!;)

Best of Luck everyone! and Thanks again Uncle Sam's Discus!!!
Al

GivensOU
05-27-2016, 10:08 AM
I'll bid $250 to start the auction.

brewmaster15
05-27-2016, 10:13 AM
I'll bid $250 to start the auction.
Awesome! Thanks Tim!!

al

rickztahone
05-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Thanks Tim for starting off the bidding

Fundulopanchax
05-27-2016, 10:57 AM
$300.00

Ron

Altum Nut
05-27-2016, 11:14 AM
That is quite an introduction Darwin and Wesley to generously offer such a superb group of R/T's :thumbsup: Judging by this group...my spider senses indicate a boy and girl :grin:
As always...thanks Al to close out the package with your FDBW.

Thanks Ron...you seem to know how this works.

...Ralph

GivensOU
05-27-2016, 12:06 PM
$350

brewmaster15
05-27-2016, 04:54 PM
Off to a real strong start here! Thanks again Tim!

al

GivensOU
05-27-2016, 04:57 PM
One of these days I'm going to win one of these auctions! Lol!

rickztahone
05-27-2016, 08:25 PM
One of these days I'm going to win one of these auctions! Lol!

Keep this up and that is highly possible :)

Second Hand Pat
05-28-2016, 09:37 AM
$300.00

Ron

Nice Ron :D

Second Hand Pat
05-28-2016, 12:00 PM
I didn't see the latest bid on my earlier post :p

$350

Nice Tim :)

Let's keep this going. Remember a nice group of beautiful Red Turquoise Discus + shipping + Al's FDBWs are all included in your bid. What a deal.

brewmaster15
05-28-2016, 04:28 PM
So...I just re-read my intro post here and realized that even after reading and re-reading multiple times I missed a key detail.:( The size ! You can get an idea how big they are by the pics but these beauties are between 5.5 and 6 inches! Thats some nice fishes indeed!

Al

Keith Perkins
05-29-2016, 09:56 AM
Remember a nice group of beautiful Red Turquoise Discus + shipping + Al's FDBWs are all included in your bid. What a deal.

No doubt! I know these auctions often end below full retail, but $350 with less than 12 hours to go?

Second Hand Pat
05-29-2016, 06:42 PM
Only a couple hours left. Get those bids in. :D
Pat

eros904
05-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Very tempting. I'm sure there are snipers around that'll bid on these

GivensOU
05-29-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm increasing my bid to $400, as long as Al agrees to have a beer with me at NADA! Of course the drink is on me.

brewmaster15
05-29-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm increasing my bid to $400, as long as Al agrees to have a beer with me at NADA! Of course the drink is on me.

Done deal!!!!:) I'd be honored.

Al

Second Hand Pat
05-29-2016, 09:19 PM

Please join me in giving Tim a huge congrats, you have won the auction. :D:D I will pm you shortly on how to proceed.
Pat

Second Hand Pat
05-29-2016, 09:37 PM
A huge thank you to Darwin, Wes and Uncle Sam's Discus for donating the fish with shipping for this Auction :D:D
Pat

Phillydubs
05-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Congrats what a steal!

cedar
05-29-2016, 09:56 PM
wish I could participate,:( darn shipping into canada...lol

brewmaster15
05-30-2016, 07:24 AM
Congratulations Tim! Looks like you got your wish on winning the auction and got a killer deal as well! 4 super nice fish, freeze dried blackworms and shipping for $400! Incredible! SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!:)

Our thanks to those that bid and especially to Darwin and Wes from Uncle Sams Discus for their generosity!

Off course these auctions are meant to raise funds for the forum . Maybe you wanted to help but have no tank space or maybe just short on funds for the auction... no worries there folks we will have other ones down the road....but if you are the impatient type..you can always use this link..http://forum.simplydiscus.com/misc.php?do=donate
24 hours a day/7 days a week.:)

Thanks again everyone and congrats Tim...btw. Make mine a stout or IPA:)

Al

Keith Perkins
05-30-2016, 09:08 AM

Well done, congrats. As for Al's Stout or IPA at the NADA show there's a very nice bar in the hotel with a lot of beers on tap and a brewhouse right across the street from the main entrance into the hotel and mall complex. Should be a very easy debt for you to pay.

Thanks to Uncle Sam's Discus for the great introduction to the forum.

rickztahone
05-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Congrats Tim on the great deal you just won! Turqs are my favorite and had I the tank space, I would not have minded going on a bidding war with you ;)

Kal-El
05-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Congratz on the win.

Altum Nut
05-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Way to go Tim...you scored a nice group.
Thanks again to Darwin and Wes for your generous donation.

...Ralph

Fundulopanchax
05-31-2016, 04:25 PM
Excellent, Tim!

Ron