PDA

View Full Version : 5 # CO2 capacity

Cichlids
06-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Does anyone have an idea how long your 5# cylinder will last if your running around 1-2bps for about 9 hours a day? I have run out in just 3 weeks and I want to know if I am dealing with a seal leak or if it goes that fast.:confused:

rickztahone
06-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Does anyone have an idea how long your 5# cylinder will last if your running around 1-2bps for about 9 hours a day? I have run out in just 3 weeks and I want to know if I am dealing with a seal leak or if it goes that fast.:confused:

definitely a leak for sure. I used to run a 5# cylinder with a 3 way splitter to my 2x 10g tanks and 1 for my 55g hi output tank that must have been doing at least 3bps and that would last me around 3 months or more sometimes. Can't quite remember how long but definitely was MONTHS. Get a spray bottle. Mix water with a little bit of dish washer soap and run the system and spray it liberally around all the connections. Watch out for the solenoid though, you don't want to get that wet.

Cichlids
06-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Found the leak was coming from the union between the regulator and solenoid. I'll have to take it apart and teflon tape it, if that don't work then i'll pipe dope it as well.

rickztahone
06-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Found the leak was coming from the union between the regulator and solenoid. I'll have to take it apart and teflon tape it, if that don't work then i'll pipe dope it as well.

That'll work.

Cichlids
06-24-2016, 09:27 PM
Hope I got all the leaks found one on the output of the solenoid going to the barb fitting. No more bubbles though. Don't know why they just don't plumb these things with an ORB arrangement or at least a JIC the NTPF are the worse for sealing purposes.