PDA

View Full Version : Discus Colour and Pattern Development

satishsalve
06-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Hi Friends

Just want to know that when my Discus will become nice Colour full and get a Pattern Development.
Please can some one help me with some advise.
Currently i am feeding them Tetra Bits.

MKD
06-28-2016, 11:27 AM
At this age, i feed them BH mixed and other foods multiple times, plus multiple WC a day.
Clean water is a key.

satishsalve
06-30-2016, 12:05 AM
At this age, i feed them BH mixed and other foods multiple times, plus multiple WC a day.
Clean water is a key.

I always siphon in the morning daily BH i gave them for 1 month now given tetra bits. Thanks for all the help. The water temperature is 28 C in India do i need to put on heater for better growth and life

bornlooser
06-30-2016, 05:01 AM
I believe that 28C is just fine. But for breeding I would prefer 30 C.

John_Nicholson
06-30-2016, 07:43 AM
No need to have any discus over 28 C.

-john

satishsalve
06-30-2016, 03:23 PM
I believe that 28C is just fine. But for breeding I would prefer 30 C.
Thanks a lot for the help

Dhavalsp
06-30-2016, 08:18 PM
continue with BH mix...the pattern will not come out until they are around 4 inch +...do you know the variety?

satishsalve
07-01-2016, 10:07 AM
continue with BH mix...the pattern will not come out until they are around 4 inch +...do you know the variety?

So i need to continue with BH? Tetra Bits is not that good? Blue subermersible tube light is good for the discus tank

rickztahone
07-04-2016, 06:23 PM
So i need to continue with BH? Tetra Bits is not that good? Blue subermersible tube light is good for the discus tank

BH is best for optimal growth.

satishsalve
08-02-2016, 02:26 AM
BH is best for optimal growth.

Hi Thanks

My discus currently stays at top corner and tilt some times. And suddenly he just swims fast in the tank and bang the glass of the tank.
Just worried what has happen to him.
I am cleaning the water everyday still it happens sometimes with the discus.
Please can some one help on this one why it so with the fish

Dhavalsp
08-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Hi Sathish, do you see a major Ph swing or temperature swing during water changes? also are your fish more settled right after WC or say 12-15 hours post WC? some pics or video might help...are they growing well apart from this one discus acting erratic, are there any other issues?

rickztahone
08-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Are the discus dark? Have they been eating?

satishsalve
09-21-2016, 12:35 PM
hi
thanks for the reply. guys my discus are not growing. i feed them beef heart and tetra bits. water changes are done daily. please can u help.

RogueDiscus
09-21-2016, 02:29 PM
I'd be interested if others have had the same experience, but I think I have noticed that my young discus almost stall their growth around 3-3.5 inches, or grow much more slowly for a while. If they are not showing signs of distress, I would not worry about it.

satishsalve
10-10-2016, 04:50 AM
I'd be interested if others have had the same experience, but I think I have noticed that my young discus almost stall their growth around 3-3.5 inches, or grow much more slowly for a while. If they are not showing signs of distress, I would not worry about it.

Thanks a lot.
The one which was staying in corner didn't lived. Anyways are blood worms a good food for discus? Many breeder say that it affects them. Amy alternative solution as i want to remove my sponge filter.

Filip
10-10-2016, 05:47 AM
Thanks a lot.
The one which was staying in corner didn't lived. Anyways are blood worms a good food for discus? Many breeder say that it affects them. Amy alternative solution as i want to remove my sponge filter.

Blood worms are considered unsafe food source since they can carry pathogens in them .
If you remove your sponge filter , canister , HOB or a sump can be your alternative . Just put this sponge in the new filter as a benificial colony starter .

Pices
10-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Frozen blood worms?

Filip
10-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Frozen blood worms?

Freezing does not kill all potential pathogens .
Hikari brand offers 3 stage sterilized FBW , so they should be fairly safe IMO.

Pices
10-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Whew! Thanks Filip!

satishsalve
10-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Whew! Thanks Filip!

Thanks Filip!

I have removed the sponge filter and add a top filter and a air stone for the tank.

about drift wood do i need to add the wood directly in the tank or i need to keep it separate and then add the wood