PDA

View Full Version : Help

Omardiel
07-17-2016, 02:20 AM
I'm setting my new tank for my Discus and I have a aquaclear in another tank making the cicle and I want to use it I the discus tank do I have to wash the filter or just put it the way it's. Thank you guys.

Akili
07-17-2016, 02:41 AM
Daniel unlesss the tank that you getting the filter from contains the same discus that are going to go in the new tank,if not start with a complete sterilization of tank, filter and anything else you going use with that tank and a use new foam in the Aquaclear. Do a fishless cycle. Do not bring a filter from different fish to a Discus tank that is a recipe for disaster waiting to happen. Too many chances of cross contamination.

Omardiel
07-17-2016, 02:53 AM
Ok I already fill the thank, can it wait until the morning that I can buy the foam and I read some where that it should have to foam, it's that right and if it's then will be no room for the media it's that ok

Akili
07-17-2016, 03:25 AM
Ok I already fill the thank, can it wait until the morning that I can buy the foam and I read some where that it should have to foam, it's that right and if it's then will be no room for the media it's that okI suggest that you use a foam on the intake of the Aquaclear 99650