PDA

View Full Version : First to Australia

two utes
10-01-2016, 07:14 PM
I would like to publicly thank Barb for helping me with my purchase of my first discus cone.
I could have purchased one locally but l really like supporting people that support and help this wonderful forum when l can. Postage was not cheap, but l was happy to go ahead to support Barb and be the first in Australia to receive one. It is also engraved on the inside as being the 'first in Australia'

This cone will be on standby and placed in my breeding tank once this group shows some interest in breeding, which will probably be after christmas some time.....they're already eyeing out the cone as we speak ;)

Thanks again Barb! :cool:

pastry
10-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Joe, get some close ups of your fish too! Nice cone. Strangely have this notion of envy (����)

How much was shipping from Barb to Australia? Keep us posted with pics on first pair to use it

two utes
10-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Joe, get some close ups of your fish too! Nice cone. Strangely have this notion of envy (����)

How much was shipping from Barb to Australia? Keep us posted with pics on first pair to use it

Hi Elliot.
Shipping to Australia was $34. It was packed really well in a box filled with paper and bubble wrap, so there was no chance of breakage. Customs here in Australia were also interested in it as they opened the package to inspect it, and left a 'note of inspection'

I won't do updates of my fish here, but you can follow all updates on this thread

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?119095-Getting-back-into-Discus/page6

I'm due to do an update on my group real soon so stay tuned.

Don't be envious of my cone....get in touch with Barb and order one......if it doesn't get your discus interested, nothing will ;)

Phillydubs
10-01-2016, 07:47 PM
That is super cool!!' Best of luck !

two utes
10-01-2016, 07:50 PM
That is super cool!!' Best of luck !

Thanks Phil :D

Disgirl
10-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Hi Joe, good to see it made the long trip, by boat I think, and arrived in good shape. Wonder what the custom people thought of it? I have a feeling some "adult language" may have been spoken? Only us discus keepers know otherwise I think. This is one of my 12" cones, most of the ones I send out are the 9" ones. I also make 16" and one very special order of an 18" cone for huge Altums. Very hard to make. Good luck with it and hope the fish use it soon!

Did the customs people rewrap it like I had it? If so, they took some time to do it. I wrapped extra extra well for the trip. Thanks for your order Joe!
Barb

two utes
10-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Wonder what the custom people thought of it? I have a feeling some "adult language" may have been spoken? Only us discus keepers know otherwise I think.

Haha...That's what l though as well.

Thanks again Barb, and l'll be sure to post updates of its use.....for discus breeding purposes off coarse! :p:p:p