PDA

View Full Version : BB tank?

Tindale83
10-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Hi I'm new to discus keeping but starting to learn a lot on here. The wife don't like the look of a BB tank. I know this is best for juveniles but would be fine to use say around or less than half an inch of sand.

pitdogg2
10-17-2016, 03:06 PM
paint the outside bottom of the tank....

yes a small amount to cover the bottom is perfectly acceptable.

Galvatron
10-17-2016, 03:11 PM
+1
paint the outside bottom of the tank....

yes a small amount to cover the bottom is perfectly acceptable.

jim LI
10-17-2016, 03:11 PM
use pool filter sand for the substrate.

Tindale83
10-17-2016, 03:16 PM
Yeah paint and a small amount of sand on the bottom. Cheers everyone, what are your opinions on the background?

Filip
10-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Yeah paint and a small amount of sand on the bottom. Cheers everyone, what are your opinions on the background?

its either painted bottom or the thin layer of sand , not both of them at same time .
If you decide on thin sand layer for juveniles , be sure to disturb it manualy and siphon it regulary , if not daily.

Larry Bugg
10-18-2016, 07:06 PM
its either painted bottom or the thin layer of sand , not both of them at same time .
If you decide on thin sand layer for juveniles , be sure to disturb it manualy and siphon it regulary , if not daily.

I would do both. With a thin layer of sand sometimes you end up with a bit of glass that isn't completely covered and you don't want the discus to see through the glass.