PDA

View Full Version : A moment of silence please...

William1
10-29-2016, 06:01 PM
Regrettably I culled one of my Uatuma blues this morning. Willy, my discus that jumped out of my tank and was on my floor for at least thirty minutes as I have told before, had been in a slow, but steady decline since the swan dive to the plastic laminate. I want to say now, that after watching my first videos when I got the fish, I think Willy is a she, judging by the partial black halo and she really had probably the best red on the underside of any of my guys. What a shame, but it was going downhill. Only would eat freeze dried tubifex and that was dwindling as time went on. Getting skinny and more inactive. She was buried in a two piece Brazilian themed Speedo with full honors due to her prowess as a high diver and aspiring Olympian. A six lady finger salute. Bye Willy, you will be missed.

Second Hand Pat
10-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Sorry to hear. We do get attached to these fish to some extent. :(
Pat

William1
10-29-2016, 06:35 PM
I should add, everyone else is doing great. Seven is a nice even number after all.
I think some guys are sad though. They are all pretty tight.

Akili
10-29-2016, 09:44 PM
Sorry for your loss !!

William1
10-29-2016, 10:57 PM
It is actually a relief. To have seven other beautiful healthy fish and one just hanging on, looking thin and scraggly with the bars showing, barely eating, it was time. I should say that Willy jumping out of the tank was entirely my fault. They were still as a group kind of skittish, and I thrust my hand in the tank too suddenly for whatever reason, causing the leap which will have to forevermore live in infamy. All that said, I am happy to report that after a bop on the head and a quick visit with a sharp fillet knife, Willy was a welcome addition to my morning omelet.

Just kidding. Happy Halloween! Cheers, BK

Filip
10-30-2016, 05:47 AM
It is actually a relief. To have seven other beautiful healthy fish and one just hanging on, looking thin and scraggly with the bars showing, barely eating, it was time. I should say that Willy jumping out of the tank was entirely my fault. They were still as a group kind of skittish, and I thrust my hand in the tank too suddenly for whatever reason, causing the leap which will have to forevermore live in infamy. All that said, I am happy to report that after a bop on the head and a quick visit with a sharp fillet knife, Willy was a welcome addition to my morning omelet.

Just kidding. Happy Halloween! Cheers, BK

You almost got me before the end sentence Will :)
I was all in questionmarks for a second there lol :).

May god have mercy on his jumping soul , and happy Halloween to you too :)