PDA

View Full Version : Learn something new every day.

remy554
11-07-2016, 01:05 PM
I put together a playlist of my videos, to help people that are new to the hobby. I had to learn all this stuff over a few months, myself. I tried to put as much info as I can in one place. I worked hard on these videos to help others. Check them out like and subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q10E0G_CT2E&list=PLIFB3K7URD84QgsBuZUZhF_EGbUlSHkN4

pitdogg2
11-07-2016, 01:31 PM
there is no need to scrub the sponges they way you do. If you broke that change into two parts squeeze out the sponges in the first (gets the biggest debris and really clouds the water) then squeeze them out again in the second (like a rinse cycle to get any left overs)they will be good to go. In the long run I feel you are just going to break down the sponge too fast. Like you said "careful you can rip them"

Terrestrial worms cannot pass parasites to your fish. you should mix that drug into the food and refreeze, as it is it just gets super diluted as soon as it hits the water as 90%+ of that food has no medicine in it.

My .02

welcome to simply Discus

pitdogg2
11-07-2016, 01:32 PM
for some reason it posted twice......

edited

bluelagoon
11-07-2016, 02:09 PM
First off,I am so happy that I live in an area where the water is plentiful,very cheap and nothing has to be added to it.I found that freeze dried black worms are very good at soaking up meds.Not sure here if much meds will get into something that is already wet.I don't think you need discus buffer at 7.4 ph.

remy554
11-07-2016, 02:12 PM
I will try that with the sponges and the meds. Thank you for your input.:fish:

remy554
11-07-2016, 02:18 PM
You are lucky to have good water, for sure. I have been trying different things to get the water where I want it, I will update when I find what I like better.
I think you are right about the meds in the food. My fish are better and haven't had any symptoms since then. If they ever get sick again I will try a different method.
Thank you for your comment!