PDA

View Full Version : PP Recovery Time / Frequency

Clawhammer
11-15-2016, 06:01 PM
Hello all.

I have been battling a fin infection on 3 of my 12 discus for some time. I was able to cure one of the 3 by treating with PP twice, with a week break in between. The other two improved with each treatment, but then reverted. I tried a round of paraguard, a round of nitrofurazone, lots of clean water + time, none of which did the trick, so I am back to PP. Here is a previous thread on the topic with pictures.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?126109-ParaGuard-FMG&highlight=

I believe that I can probably eliminate the infection with a series of PP baths in a hospital tank for the two remaining infected fish based on my previous experience. Since this will be done in a hospital tank and since two treatments with a week recovery didn't work for these two previously, I want to be a little more aggressive.

Can anyone advise me how often and how many times I can safely treat a discus with PP? How long of a recovery period is required between treatments.

Thanks!

E

Clawhammer
11-16-2016, 03:03 PM
bump....

Akili
11-16-2016, 03:39 PM
A good rule of thumb to prevent excessive damage to fish is to avoid treating them with potassium permanganate more often than once a week.

Clawhammer
11-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Perfect, thanks Naz!